Oppo Camp Non Giants AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

That Howe guy for Collingwood is very impressive. His marking and athleticism is elite. Great player and exciting to watch.

Collingwood is taking the game right up to the Bulldogs. Collingwood has a dangerous midfield and will cause many teams headaches.

I don't like either team, but if Collingwood can roll the Dogs, it might burst the bubble of a few of their supporters. I still think Collingwood will fall short, though.

Agreed.

The Pies list has improved (Treloar, WHE) to the point where they should be comfortably Top 8.

However, Bucks and Edward have built an 'industrial strength' culture of failure at the Pies.

Dogs finding it tougher with fewer throws and without an epic free kick differential.

Agreed.

The Pies list has improved (Treloar, WHE) to the point where they should be comfortably Top 8.

However, Bucks and Edward have built an 'industrial strength' culture of failure at the Pies.

Dogs finding it tougher with fewer throws and without an epic free kick differential.
They did look ok.
Maybe it's just me but I think it's a clash of styles. The Bulldogs mids are brilliant at passing it around to make space. The Pies mids are more powerful.
Much as I hate to admit it the Pies mids did us cold last year and it didn't look like an accident. They applied the blowtorch and there was just no space or time for our guys.
Seems like they dont do it often but the potential is there.
Much as I'd like to see the tears on some of Bulldogs BF clan, I yhink they're back as good if not better than they left. Up to us and everyone else that wants to contend to be better.

Swans still in preseason mode.

Cant deal with the "emotion" from the commentators in the Bombers game so havent watched.

Lions look exciting will make a ton of mistakes but arent afraid to go hard.

Suns seem Carlton lvl. If not worse.

Swans still in preseason mode.

Cant deal with the "emotion" from the commentators in the Bombers game so havent watched.

Lions look exciting will make a ton of mistakes but arent afraid to go hard.

Suns seem Carlton lvl. If not worse.
No history with the Bombers then?

Last edited:
Hate the whole #comeback thing.

None.
Fair enough
Just wondered why the feeling. Loving Roughies goal myself, and the goal in general. I feel a bit for the Dons fans though. Whatever you think of what happened they've been though hell since 2012.

Fair enough
Just wondered why the feeling. Loving Roughies goal myself, and the goal in general. I feel a bit for the Dons fans though. Whatever you think of what happened they've been though hell since 2012.
Just realized.

I dont mean Roughie. He is a great story and its great to see him back.

I mean how the Bombers have been flooding social media about joining them for the comeback etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed.

Let's hope Bucks can hold onto his job by fingernails until Round 8 - it will do us no favours to face Pies players if they're trying to impress a new 'caretaker' Head Coach.

Let's hope Bucks can hold onto his job by fingernails until Round 8 - it will do us no favours to face Pies players if they're trying to impress a new 'caretaker' Head Coach.
More concerned the only team we twice that didn't play finals last year, is looking good.
Plus side if they dont drop off is they must have some demons from last year, and we have them at Spotless before the G.

More concerned the only team we twice that didn't play finals last year, is looking good.
Plus side if they dont drop off is they must have some demons from last year, and we have them at Spotless before the G.

Fair call, although the Tigers were simply traffic cones for us at Manuka last year.

If Richmond had faced any other two sides they wouldn't be 2-0.

I'm conflicted - if they fire Bucks it's great schadenfreude but the Pies will probably get better. :(

If Richmond had faced any other two sides they wouldn't be 2-0.
:cool: Just hopin for one easy double match up that's all, not fussed who.
Actually when I think it through it's aĺl good, if we can't win 13 games against any clubs we're wasting our time making finals.
If we can it might be the bye means it matters less where in the 8 we are. Would still like top 4 though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back