Oppo Camp Non Giants AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Sorry Dirty Dogs, our hearts bleed for you!

Some amazing games for the 1st week of finals and it shows what is needed is pressure over the field and the 1%ers which the current Giants team does not have and it will take a lot to get to that level although hopefully they will have seen what it takes to be a finals side and work on that over the off season

I was unsure on who to support in the Cats Pies games but it is the dislike of the Cats more than the Pies meant I was cheering on the Pies and the Pies defence did a great job but it shows they were lacking another stronger defender to go with Rohan and for him to kick 3 goals does expose the weak point in the team and I am not sure if the dockers will be able to expose that weakness with a 3rd taller forward although Amiss was good (Amazing to do that in his 2nd game) the trip to the MCG will be too much IMO

Swans Cats GF is my prediction

If the Tigers do get both Taranto and Hopper it will be interesting to see how they manages the inside mids with Cotchin, Prestia and Graham and then Ross and Sonsie it will be interesting to see with Taranto and Hopper in there they have a lot of inside mids and how the coaches manage that and also injecting Martin and Bolton in when needed

Interesting how many lampoon the long contracts the Giants have offered previously yet nothing being said about these 2 contracts
It's the typical "if it's done by a Melbourne club it's OK".

Done by an interstate club, and especially the hated last 2 clubs to enter the comp, it's a bad thing.

Same as the Melbourne media reaction hammered Adelaide for luring Rankine home with a motza contract (which I do think is bad) but cheered Richmond "bringing our boys home" (even when one's from NSW!!). Only Cornes has come out and pointed out how bad this kind of outcome is, and largely been ignored or pooh-poohed by the Melbourne media.

How did Sam Taylor not get 3 votes in that last game….FFS what game were they watching.

How did Sam Taylor not get 3 votes in that last game….FFS what game were they watching.
Well, given the penalties they should have whistled for GWS yet somehow missed, and the non-existent ones they whistled for Freo, I am completely unsurprised that their voting was similarly utensil & bull!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, given the penalties they should have whistled for GWS yet somehow missed, and the non-existent ones they whistled for Freo, I am completely unsurprised that their voting was similarly utensil & bull!
True mate but in all honesty it was one of the best individual performances by a defender not just this year but arguably for several. If he wasn’t there we would have lost by another 40! Unreal it wasn’t acknowledged.

True mate but in all honesty it was one of the best individual performances by a defender not just this year but arguably for several. If he wasn’t there we would have lost by another 40! Unreal it wasn’t acknowledged.
Defenders almost never poll.
The fact he got a vote shows how well he polled.

The Brisbane situation will be interesting how it plays out. Likely #1 draft pick, requiring a lot of points, plus a possible second (though late) first round selection, with Dunkley now asking for a trade. You would think Dogs would (again, as per 2 years ago) ask for 2 x first round picks. I believe Lions will get it all done, but will be interesting how they do.

McStay compo will help, but any North priority picks will hurt (in pushing back later picks).

I daresay dlanod with have some thoughts, but presumably they'll be bled fairly heavily of picks. Will they need to rely on paying some of it next year? And might they lose players - both from a perspective of more competition for places, and potentially seeking some extra picks to use.

Could Jaspa Fletcher be shaken free if he's bid early (say, mid first round)?

The Brisbane situation will be interesting how it plays out. Likely #1 draft pick, requiring a lot of points, plus a possible second (though late) first round selection, with Dunkley now asking for a trade. You would think Dogs would (again, as per 2 years ago) ask for 2 x first round picks. I believe Lions will get it all done, but will be interesting how they do.

McStay compo will help, but any North priority picks will hurt (in pushing back later picks).

I daresay dlanod with have some thoughts, but presumably they'll be bled fairly heavily of picks. Will they need to rely on paying some of it next year? And might they lose players - both from a perspective of more competition for places, and potentially seeking some extra picks to use.

Could Jaspa Fletcher be shaken free if he's bid early (say, mid first round)?
Our first rounder next year will have to be on the table. Given the talk of it being a superdraft, that would have to have some value. It's pretty apparent that Fletcher could be let through to the keeper (though neither want that), but only if it's a very early pick that we're not able to match.

I think the Dogs may get two first rounders but we get a bunch of later picks back to build up value, for example. Similarly our first rounder next year might go for a late first round pick this year plus more later picks. There's a bunch of ways to generate points in a draft like this, where it's not that highly rated (so fewer picks taken) and next year's is (so more looking to defer). We may also receive a Gardiner compo pick, given who knows what's happening there.

All you can say is wow, if this has validity it’s heinous!
Unbelievable if true.

Just read the ABC news story on this and listened to the Caro interview. I am just shocked and stunned that stuff like this is alleged to have occurred in the last 10 years. As always, need to wait for all sides' versions to be aired, but a terrible look for the game and the Hawthorn Football Club and its employees involved. My heart goes out to the individuals and their families involved. Hopefully the AFLPA assistance is meaningful and helps them.

All you can say is wow, if this has validity it’s heinous!
No wonder Lance Franklin wanted out of Hawthorn.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back