Oppo Camp Non Giants AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank you! I’m still deciding whether to go as I am also on call that weekend, but am looking at taking a chance as I only live a suburb away! 😂
It is an excellent place to watch football. You should definitely give it a go..

Thank you! I’m still deciding whether to go as I am also on call that weekend, but am looking at taking a chance as I only live a suburb away! 😂

edit: I just realised that there is a black pink concert on the same day as the game, which is weighing into my not Chancing it... have you guys had games when there are other events on in the precinct? does that have a big impact on parking and transport? Even looked into staying at the local hotels, but everything is booked out!
Is that concert in the evening? If so, those fans will be arriving as our game lets out. You can pre-book parking across the road from the stadium, so no worries in that regards. If you don't pre-book getting a park may be dicey. Yes, the traffic gets busy, but most weekends there's something on the precinct (at Qudos Arena, or the footy stadium, or in the area) and it's not too bad by the normal standards of Sydney traffic.

edit: I just realised that there is a black pink concert on the same day as the game, which is weighing into my not Chancing it... have you guys had games when there are other events on in the precinct? does that have a big impact on parking and transport? Even looked into staying at the local hotels, but everything is booked out!

Is that concert in the evening? If so, those fans will be arriving as our game lets out. You can pre-book parking across the road from the stadium, so no worries in that regards. If you don't pre-book getting a park may be dicey. Yes, the traffic gets busy, but most weekends there's something on the precinct (at Qudos Arena, or the footy stadium, or in the area) and it's not too bad by the normal standards of Sydney traffic.

Blackpink probably won't affect it, but Supanova will and that's an all day event. If you're driving just head straight to P1 (or prebook) and you'll be fine. If you try to find onstreet parking or park in P6, don't even try (I tried that last weekend and the Early Childhood Expo had gotten them all). Public transport in should be fine regardless of any of the events.

Blackpink probably won't affect it, but Supanova will and that's an all day event. If you're driving just head straight to P1 (or prebook) and you'll be fine. If you try to find onstreet parking or park in P6, don't even try (I tried that last weekend and the Early Childhood Expo had gotten them all). Public transport in should be fine regardless of any of the events.
Are there pick up areas for Uber? I can actually walk from home in theory but 42 mins is a bit much each way and cutting through park! 😂

Are there pick up areas for Uber? I can actually walk from home in theory but 42 mins is a bit much each way and cutting through park! 😂
The walk through the park is quite nice - I used to park at Concord West station and walk through, about 20-25 minutes all up!

Uber can pick you up just about anywhere in Olympic Park. Plenty of places to pull over, etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They weren't so pathetic the first 6 rounds, only one loss more then 42 points . Then carlton thrashed them , have been terrible since.
Probably a % of 70 first 6 rounds, about 30% since then.
Unfortunate that we met them in Round 2. Adam Simpson will be under so much pressure, even with his 2018 premiership achievement.

footy is a funny game - we may have lost to the West Coast - but we also beat Sydney.

haven‘t seen a 200+ score for a while - certainly not by a team not named Geelong.

Eagles are Absolutely pathetic - how could we have ever lost to them, even if it was in Perth?
Playing round one in dangerously hot conditions in Sydney set the Giants up for an almost certain loss in round two. Weagles got lucky. Adelaide we’re no hope to win either and they didn’t have to factor a flight across the country into their recovery.

footy is a funny game - we may have lost to the West Coast - but we also beat Sydney.

haven‘t seen a 200+ score for a while - certainly not by a team not named Geelong.
Funny game indeed.
Kingsley mentioned at the start of the year that it could take 10-12 weeks to get the game plan really motoring and to 'stay with us'. So we are starting to see the fruit of that labour.

Taylor also said we might not lose a game after the Bye 😅😅😅
Let's hope he's Nostradamus

Funny game indeed.
Kingsley mentioned at the start of the year that it could take 10-12 weeks to get the game plan really motoring and to 'stay with us'. So we are starting to see the fruit of that labour.

Taylor also said we might not lose a game after the Bye 😅😅😅
Let's hope he's Nostradamus
If we can keep a team in the park as good or even better than the one that played Fremantle, we will do well. We don't play either the Eagles or North twice, so if we make finals it will be very much on merit. We play Bulldogs, Essendon , Adelaide twice. Need to win 2 of those 3, preferably all 3.

Last edited:
An article by Damien Barrett on the woes of the Eagles. Despite their poor form over the past few years they are averaging a 40k+ average crowd, with only the Big 4 Victorian clubs and Melbourne (helped by the Anzac Eve and Kings birthday crowds) having a higher average crowds.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back