Oppo Camp Non Giants AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Are the Gold coast making us look good right now or Hawks look bad ?

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Saints must be rubbing their hands together knowing the hawks are on the slide and they have the hawks 1st rd pick this year.

Also nice to see we no longer have the biggest loss of any team against the suns with the hawks going down by 86pts

Last edited:
Saints must be rubbing their hands together knowing the hawks are on the slide and they have the hawks 1st rd pick this year.

Also nice to see we no longer have the biggest loss of any team against the suns with the hawks going down by 86pts

Stuff St Kilda, biggest opportunistic vultures of the competition. I wish nothing but dispair for those bandits.

Stuff St Kilda, biggest opportunistic vultures of the competition. I wish nothing but dispair for those bandits.
IF, should it be so, in 121 years the giants haven't one their second flag expect to be judged by the same standards

Yeah, I have no ill-will towards Saints, and good luck to them if their trade with Hawks is to their advantage. IMO, it just shows that Hawks tried too hard to manufacture extending their finals windows - expecting to stay near the top gaining Mitchell & O'Meara without considering the cost in doing so. Lessons for all teams including GWS in future.

Yeah, I have no ill-will towards Saints, and good luck to them if their trade with Hawks is to their advantage. IMO, it just shows that Hawks tried too hard to manufacture extending their finals windows - expecting to stay near the top gaining Mitchell & O'Meara without considering the cost in doing so. Lessons for all teams including GWS in future.

Elements of Voss in '09 in that

I get your point
But a strategy that gets you three flags in a row isn't really a fail. It has led them to a point where their list does have serious issues, but they haven't missed finals yet.
I watch with interest how the next few years play out for them. Clarkson has a history of seemingly left field decisions that seem to work out.

I get your point
But a strategy that gets you three flags in a row isn't really a fail. It has led them to a point where their list does have serious issues, but they haven't missed finals yet.
I watch with interest how the next few years play out for them. Clarkson has a history of seemingly left field decisions that seem to work out.
When the league underrated draft picks, Hawks heavily traded out players (Hay, Croad, etc) to get draft picks.

Giving the Saints pick 1 would be a disaster. Although I'm not sure I can see this list ending up last. They would have to be around 8-10th at least.

I'm expecting Hawks to pick up 1-2 big name free agents immediately as Hodge and Burgoyne retire and be straight back to the top 4.

When the league underrated draft picks, Hawks heavily traded out players (Hay, Croad, etc) to get draft picks.

Giving the Saints pick 1 would be a disaster. Although I'm not sure I can see this list ending up last. They would have to be around 8-10th at least.

I'm expecting Hawks to pick up 1-2 big name free agents immediately as Hodge and Burgoyne retire and be straight back to the top 4.
Funny you mention Croad, think we should leave that alone out of respect for Simmo-Freo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Swans in desperate trouble now at 0-4.
We should clean them up next week.
Commentators don't think so.

On that note, I think that the Fox Footy commentators made one of the most inane comments ever. "Who would've thought that the two Sydney teams would have had one of the biggest rivalries"? Really? You put a second Sydney team in NSW, marketed the Sydney Derby literally since their very first game as a rivalry, and market the Battle for the Brige at least once a year. They play for a damn Cup each time. But yeah, it's such a big surprise that they have a large rivalry :rolleyes:

They're going to be pissed and they're going to be at home and they haven't lost three in a row there since 2009 and before that it was 2001.

(Although, I just noticed an eight year cycle in that;))

They will have pride to play for but swans look to be heading the opposite end of the ladder for the first time in a while and with us on the up they could afford to drop without worrying about the local market

Do you think Geelong has managed to do so successfully? Or will having targeted and landing Dangerfield and co. result in bust for the Cats long term? They still seem to be travelling well after many years up the top end of the ladder.

From what I can see Parker and Hannebery are having nowhere near the impact they have had in the past. Over reliant on JPK.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back