Oppo Camp Non Giants AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Meh. If he isn't getting silver service the he is harmless imo. Swanies midfield is down, and if it stays that way...
Tippett made a reall difference rnd 3 last year. He kiĺled us in the ruck. He never seemed in that kind of form after going down in our game at Spotless. In form he is a threat.

Swans in desperate trouble now at 0-4.
We should clean them up next week.
I think we will start strong favorites

The swans will want to get back on the leadger against the "premiership favourites", and we don't want to be the first team to lose to the swans this year

But believe you me, no derby will be easy.

And we have to try and get though this week injuries free. I truly believe we are only a couple of injuries away from affecting our chances. Depth is being tested

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think we will start strong favorites

The swans will want to get back on the leadger against the "premiership favourites", and we don't want to be the first team to lose to the swans this year

But believe you me, no derby will be easy.

And we have to try and get though this week injuries free. I truly believe we are only a couple of injuries away from affecting our chances. Depth is being tested

On HUAWEI NXT-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I really feel for Bunts as a person, and I always like him out there. I think we're in a pretty good place as long as injuries to backs dont cascade like they did last year though. With Himmelburg waiting and 4 fit and ready talls, I expect Wilson to grow in confidence and form as the weeks pass.
Stevie J is a loss and Deledio not looking good currently, but Taranto going well and Matt Kennedy playing forward a bit. Toby's in awesome form and Devon going ok.
Cogs hopefully rehab's well and with Whitfield back and suddenly we're looking pretty awesome I think.
( touch wood)

I really feel for Bunts as a person, and I always like him out there. I think we're in a pretty good place as long as injuries to backs dont cascade like they did last year though. With Himmelburg waiting and 4 fit and ready talls, I expect Wilson to grow in confidence and form as the weeks pass.
Stevie J is a loss and Deledio not looking good currently, but Taranto going well and Matt Kennedy playing forward a bit. Toby's in awesome form and Devon going ok.
Cogs hopefully rehab's well and with Whitfield back and suddenly we're looking pretty awesome I think.
( touch wood)
If our injury curse strikes at the start of the season rather than the back then I can accept that

All of a sudden our loss to Adelaide doesn't look quite as bad.

Crows would have to be clear flag favs now wouldn't they. Streets ahead of everyone (including us)
:cool:Pity we didn't draw them twice and get a chance at our place. If all goes to plan we might get a shot in September. Dont doubt we can play better than we did at AO, we were demolished fair and square though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats Roughy on 500 goals

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
Yeah
Aside from his health struggles he was taken as pick 1 in 2004 and Buddy pick 4. I think that's been pretty fair value throughout their careers so far. I get Buddy's talent, and he's always had the attention, but Roughead just gets the job done around the ground. Wasn't a wonderful kick for goal in his early years but he fixed that.

Is it just me or are there a lot of teams giving up handy leads and getting run over late? I mean, more than usual?
Dees were bent over and fisted by an injury to Spencer in the second with Smith already gone, 2 down for rotations and Watts/Frost trying to impersonate ruckman meant they had zero gas to counter the Tigger lift in the 4th.

That said there is consistency in the teams that are able to do the runover in the 4th more often than others and we are fortunately one of them. At least some of that has to be fitness level variances?

A combination of psychology and excellent skills/game plan execution also mean the modern player is much more confident in dealing with scoreboard deficits. Teams that are confident in their plans seem less prone to scoreboard pressure - a bit like T20 teams being happy to chase down big scores, so long as they are close enough by the last change. Collective fitness has a lot to do with it too. With a close competition, a couple of early injuries can really swing the balance of who can run out the game better. Tigers will have been pretty confident at the last break that they had the game in their sights, despite being down on the scoreboard.

Surviving to Round 8 now looking a stretch for the Pies comedy duo....

View attachment 358373

David King just declared on Fox that for the Pies it's now simply about managing Buckley's exit.

If Eddie and Bucks surrender another percentage builder to the opposition in R7 against the Blues, then we'll likely be facing their new Circus ringmasters for our next game at Spotless.

Surely, with the way Collingwood is playing, we'll break our hoodoo against this mob? There's no reason why we shouldn't just win, but win comfortably against them.

I think, with a a five-day turnaround and facing an in-form Cats outfit, Collingwood will get belted. Could Buckley possibly be let go if the margin this week is a huge blowout?

David King just declared on Fox that for the Pies it's now simply about managing Buckley's exit.

If Eddie and Bucks surrender another percentage builder to the opposition in R7 against the Blues, then we'll likely be facing their new Circus ringmasters for our next game at Spotless.
Carlton is a rabble. As mediocre as Collingwood has played, they're still a level or three above what I've seen dished up from Carlton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back