Oppo Camp Non Giants AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Wheels falling off over the weekend and I would say the Cats are under pressure with the Swans at the SCG a probable loss I can see the Demons bouncing back v the Dockers in Darwin and hard to choose but the Bombers to down the pies would be a good result

BG__

Club Legend
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Not sure where the best place to ask this question is, so chucking it up here.

Genuine question and something I was thinking about earlier... what made you decide to start supporting a new expansion club like GWS?

Do you live locally? Decided to just start supporting a new side? Wanted to raise you kids supprting a new era/geneation of AFL? Wanted to support the AFL expanding? Wanted to be part of something historic? Felt like a change? Sick of your previous club? Never felt too attached to your previous club? New to AFL and decided the giants were your team? Or something completely different?

If you previously supported another team who was it?

Cheers :)

Not sure where the best place to ask this question is, so chucking it up here.

Genuine question and something I was thinking about earlier... what made you decide to start supporting a new expansion club like GWS?

Do you live locally? Decided to just start supporting a new side? Wanted to raise you kids supprting a new era/geneation of AFL? Wanted to support the AFL expanding? Wanted to be part of something historic? Felt like a change? Sick of your previous club? Never felt too attached to your previous club? New to AFL and decided the giants were your team? Or something completely different?

If you previously supported another team who was it?

Cheers :)
All in here mate
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/welcome-new-posters-introduction-thread.1165235/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

fridgeman

Premiership Player
Jan 26, 2014
AFL Club
GWS
Random fact from the VFL game between Casey (Demons) and the Kangaroos game which ended 44-7 to the demons
the tackle count was 155-156 so guessing the conditions were not the best

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
The Lions board has gotten to the point where posts are stating that the General's ACL was Kharma and we deserved it. It's a pity because I like their posters on the whole, and they are generally fine on the mainboard. Less irrational hate of the expansion clubs than most, although GC impacted them directly. Letting posts like that stay up is bad though.

Cmarsh

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 23, 2012
NSW
AFL Club
GWS
The Lions board has gotten to the point where posts are stating that the General's ACL was Kharma and we deserved it. It's a pity because I like their posters on the whole, and they are generally fine on the mainboard. Less irrational hate of the expansion clubs than most, although GC impacted them directly. Letting posts like that stay up is bad though.
Patton getting injured is karma? What did he have to do with Cameron's hit??
That's some flawed logic there.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
Patton getting injured is karma? What did he have to do with Cameron's hit??
That's some flawed logic there.
Yeah
I get the hurt when a young star is injured, and it sadly was foul play. But that's the ugly side, I dont beleive Jezza was happy about knocking him out.

On a weekend when you have the replays of BOTH of last year’s prelim finals the AFL fixture setters think to themselves that yep - the marquee game of the round in the all important Friday night slot deserves to be St Kilda versus Carlton

:rolleyes::rolleyes::drunk::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::drunk::drunk::drunk::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:
Yeah, but saints won, trumps most argument for me :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back