Oppo Camp Non Giants AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Thoughts on Adelaide and their spewing details on why players left? All for the money.

Poor form being so specific. Salary cap issues stating that some players were offered more than we had in the cap would have been a better approach.

On another note, Richmond have been woeful the last 2 weeks

Poor form being so specific. Salary cap issues stating that some players were offered more than we had in the cap would have been a better approach.

On another note, Richmond have been woeful the last 2 weeks

I couldn’t see Shepperd or Matthews going all over social media doing that. Very poor form and sour grapes really.

That they have, though we have been garbage as well. Tonight’s the night we can turn it around.

I was wondering how the West Coast could be so unhappy staying in one the greatest golf resorts in Australia. I was thinking, soon as training was over, have a hit of golf, how good i life.
I just worked out why, they just posted footage of their golf day, I didnt think it was possible to find a group of guys that were less capable with a golf stick in hand.
I get it, gold isnt everyone's thing, but to assemble 28 guys as bad as they were was statistically very unlikely. Hamish Brayshaw and Dom Sheed the only blokes that could swing it at all. Im not setting a bar of single figures or anything (ind you Brayshaw looked lie he could be), Im talking th swing of 3 times a year golfer that could play to 36 or something. Other than the 3 mentioned, none of the others would be able to play to 36

I dont think we are going to have the suns measure anymore.

They look scary good

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I m not sure about that. They are definitely a side on the rise, but they are all square with a team likely to finish in the bottom third. They will cause teams trouble and I love where they are going, but they aren't too tier yet.

Interesting read

Interesting read

It sounds like a boys club that got a bit out of hand.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question for giants fans regarding Jack Steele. When he requested a trade to St Kilda for more game time i thought at the time we were doing really well with that trade for just a second rounder. Did any of you want to keep him? What were your thoughts on him at the time?

Question for giants fans regarding Jack Steele. When he requested a trade to St Kilda for more game time i thought at the time we were doing really well with that trade for just a second rounder. Did any of you want to keep him? What were your thoughts on him at the time?
I liked him. But understood that he wanted more opportunities. I thought he was definitely AFL standard and would add value to a club he is proving to do so. He isn't the sort of player to win a game of his own boot, but was very competitive at the contest and great in a run with role.

I think what you have with him is largely what we expected of him. Not a top line mid, but a very strong support mid able to play definite roles, and very durable. In the couple of seasons at GWS he was in the very early stage of his development. I saw him as (broadly) in line to replace Ryan Griffen when he retired, just needing to stay for another couple of seasons to get that outcome. Of course there was always a risk that others would be drafted who overtook him; still I was disappointed when he elected to leave for that better opportunity. For Jack, though, I'm sure it was the right move as he has played most games for the past 3 seasons whereas for GWS there's no guarantee he would.

I think that an early second round pick was the appropriate compensation for his level; we got close to that, although at the time I would have preferred to keep him. In hindsight, I don't think anything has changed. His loss was probably more sentimental than team performance related - as a local junior (and former mascot!). I'd say that Matt de Boer has probably taken the spot that he may have had if he'd stayed. Good luck to him - except in Saints v GWS games!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back