Oppo Camp Non Giants AFL discussion

PaythePerryman

Club Legend
Oct 13, 2020
AFL Club
GWS
This is great news.
Hopefully they can re-sign the others Luko, Rankine, Rowell and Anderson (plus others)
It's a great first step...maybe the first domino. I think they've got a good group and will be more competitive this year....
But I said that last year.

Orange crush

Premiership Player
Aug 12, 2017
AFL Club
GWS
It's a great first step...maybe the first domino. I think they've got a good group and will be more competitive this year....
But I said that last year.
Yep it has been a cycle but I think the big step was resigning Touk long term ... he seems someone the younger guy can look up to in a Cal Ward mould .... a competitive gcs will help take some wind out the vicentric numpties

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Anyone in any doubt that the MRO is corrupt and indefensible?

WC’s Rioli walking scot-free tonight for assaulting Rowell, while Preuss gets one week for a regulation tackle.

If TFG did what Rioli did he’d be given another 6 weeks, and Gil would then demand an appeal to lengthen the suspension.

The MRO are simply taking the proverbial.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Anyone in any doubt that the MRO is corrupt and indefensible?

WC’s Rioli walking scot-free tonight for assaulting Rowell, while Preuss gets one week for a regulation tackle.

If TFG did what Rioli did he’d be given another 6 weeks, and Gil would then demand an appeal to lengthen the suspension.

The MRO are simply taking the proverbial.

I assume it was because it was a Rioli and West Coast have player supply issues.

Seriously the MRO cannot be taken seriously without question. Who was on the panel?

Realistically two weeks minimum and probably 3 or more was closer to the mark I would have thought.

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Atrocious umpiring in this Dogs/Swans game

The Poodles always play a loose man in Fluoro green.

I didn’t see the game, but that free kick differential must have been decisive in the final result.

Maybe Ross Lyon can query the umpiring “governance issue” with the AFL?

IMG_6535.JPG

BarryAglett

7th Round Draft Pick
Sep 24, 2014
Western Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan is set to step away from the game’s top job after eight years.

The longtime league executive had signalled his intention to resign as CEO before the pandemic but gave chairman Richard Goyder his assurance he would stay on to help rebuild the competition.

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
IMG_6719.JPG

Gil is apparently furious, has described this as manifestly inadequate and has demanded an extra 3 week suspension.

UPDATE - Gil has subsequently confirmed that the guilty player was not wearing an Orange jersey, so no case to answer.

Play on!

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
View attachment 1378473

Gil is apparently furious, has described this as manifestly inadequate and has demanded an extra 3 week suspension.

UPDATE - Gil has subsequently confirmed that the guilty player was not wearing an Orange jersey, so no case to answer.

Play on!

More likely Gil will give him a 3-week credit for the next time he faces the MRO. And Cotchin got away scot free too, didn't he?

There's them that the Victorian MRO smash, and them that get treated with kid gloves.

Maximus 2011

All Australian
Oct 4, 2019
AFL Club
GWS
More likely Gil will give him a 3-week credit for the next time he faces the MRO. And Cotchin got away scot free too, didn't he?

There's them that the Victorian MRO smash, and them that get treated with kid gloves.
Did you see Taylor Walker's comments in the media a couple of days ago saying if he did what Cotchin did he would get a month. He also went on to say if Toby Greene did it he would likely get life haha. Few people high up in AFL circles aren't too happy about the comments I think

BarryAglett

7th Round Draft Pick
Sep 24, 2014
Western Sydney
AFL Club
GWS
Cotchin got a $2k fine. He's got a nice haircut and speaks softly, so he's not capable of being dirty.
Toby Greene is always used as a benchmark for comparing punishments because everyone except, VFL HQ, knows the Toby Tax is real.

Tom Hawkins is using that tape for his Home & Away audition.

gee whiz giant

All Australian
Mar 3, 2014
CBR
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
the Toffees, the Bays.
Cotchin got a $2k fine. He's got a nice haircut and speaks softly, so he's not capable of being dirty.
Toby Greene is always used as a benchmark for comparing punishments because everyone except, VFL HQ, knows the Toby Tax is real.

Tom Hawkins is using that tape for his Home & Away audition.
Have hated Cotchin with a passion since he cleaned up Dylan Shiel late, in the 2018 final.
Felt that day it had a real outcome on the result.
High, concussed, the lot. Cotchin played the week after, it was not even referred!!!!

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
GWS
Now AFL is looking at Taylor Walker apparently for those comments. AFL hates the players exposing their corrupt practices.

ClockworkOrange

Club Legend
Jan 30, 2016
AFL Club
GWS
Have hated Cotchin with a passion since he cleaned up Dylan Shiel late, in the 2018 final.
Felt that day it had a real outcome on the result.
High, concussed, the lot. Cotchin played the week after, it was not even referred!!!!

100 per cent.

The dirtiest piece of play ever witnessed at GS.

Tex spot on this week.

Back