Oppo Camp Non Giants AFL discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't Heater driving and Didak the passenger?
Possibly - I just know he was in that one and also the gun ride one. Maybe it's just his turn to drive. :p

Well a Dog in trouble, Hanging out with Libba maybe

What suspension did Mumford get? 2 games?
The funny thing is, he is suspended for 2 games already for head butting. If he gets done for 2 games does he just serve them during his suspension or do they get added on so he is out for 4 weeks?
Also make you question now that match winner he kicked last year where he was gesturing putting something in his veins to the crowd, maybe it was a different kind of ice he was putting in his veins? haha

He's now admitted to using illicit substances at the end of last year.

STATEMENT FROM BAILEY SMITH

I have recently been made aware of the presence of social media content that shows me with an illicit substance.

In confronting this, the temptation is to speak in vague generalities and avoid the issue. However, I am determined to learn the lessons of my past and be a better person in the future.

After much reflection, I am now in a position to confess to indulging in behaviours in late 2021 of which I am deeply ashamed. I do not have an excuse for those behaviours, however the state of my mental health over that period post Grand Final dramatically deteriorated, and I spiralled out of control leading to poor decision making and actions at the time. All of this resulting in the leave I took from football at the commencement of pre-season training late last year.

(more in the Bulldogs' club statement below)

He's now admitted to using illicit substances at the end of last year.

STATEMENT FROM BAILEY SMITH

I have recently been made aware of the presence of social media content that shows me with an illicit substance.

In confronting this, the temptation is to speak in vague generalities and avoid the issue. However, I am determined to learn the lessons of my past and be a better person in the future.

After much reflection, I am now in a position to confess to indulging in behaviours in late 2021 of which I am deeply ashamed. I do not have an excuse for those behaviours, however the state of my mental health over that period post Grand Final dramatically deteriorated, and I spiralled out of control leading to poor decision making and actions at the time. All of this resulting in the leave I took from football at the commencement of pre-season training late last year.

(more in the Bulldogs' club statement below)

He's a bit of a jerk TBH.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not AFL at all, but ... this story says that some Manly players are contemplating not playing in their "pride jersey" because they weren't consulted and presumably it's against their beliefs (the details are scarce). I've just brought it up in relation to Haneen Zreika's stance last year ... these are male, and presumably Christians (the Islander community in both league & union tend to have strong Christian beliefs).

Manly is facing a player revolt which could turn ugly over a jersey promoting the inclusion of LGBTQ community in rugby league. The Sea Eagles announced players will wear the rainbow-adorned jersey during their round 20 NRL game against the Roosters at Brookvale Oval.

But Nine's Danny Weidler revealed "up to seven players don't want to wear a pride jersey this week and are considering not playing".

"It's a very delicate story that is unfolding," Weidler told 9News. "There's set to be an emergency meeting soon between the players and management. I was hearing this afternoon up to seven players objected to the pride jersey, and late today four to five players were seriously considering not playing in the game. The news coming out of Manly is they are likely to allow the players not to play this game to honour their beliefs, so that could be quite a significant development. The reason is the club did not consult their players before the jersey was initiated."

Open to discussion ... but ... keep comments reasonable.

Not AFL at all, but ... this story says that some Manly players are contemplating not playing in their "pride jersey" because they weren't consulted and presumably it's against their beliefs (the details are scarce). I've just brought it up in relation to Haneen Zreika's stance last year ... these are male, and presumably Christians (the Islander community in both league & union tend to have strong Christian beliefs).

Manly is facing a player revolt which could turn ugly over a jersey promoting the inclusion of LGBTQ community in rugby league. The Sea Eagles announced players will wear the rainbow-adorned jersey during their round 20 NRL game against the Roosters at Brookvale Oval.

But Nine's Danny Weidler revealed "up to seven players don't want to wear a pride jersey this week and are considering not playing".

"It's a very delicate story that is unfolding," Weidler told 9News. "There's set to be an emergency meeting soon between the players and management. I was hearing this afternoon up to seven players objected to the pride jersey, and late today four to five players were seriously considering not playing in the game. The news coming out of Manly is they are likely to allow the players not to play this game to honour their beliefs, so that could be quite a significant development. The reason is the club did not consult their players before the jersey was initiated."

Open to discussion ... but ... keep comments reasonable.

There's any number of things you could say.

The underlying problem is the way sporting codes get into the business of virtue-signalling, because sometimes the virtues are in conflict.

Imagine if a gay player decided to sit out Multicultural Round because they didn't like the way certain religions discriminate against gay people. It wouldn't be tolerated and they'd probably have their contract torn up.

As with Haneen, the NRL players involved here will simply out themselves as being out of step with contemporary Australia if they refuse to participate in Pride Round.

It would be different if they were refusing to play with a gay team-mate. They'd deserve to be sacked in that case.

It highlights the problem with the so-called Religious Discrimination Bill, which was something of a misnomer. It was not designed to protect religious people from discrimination, but to provide certain religions the privilege to discriminate against people they didn't like without penalty.

Perhaps we should just focus on playing football.

The underlying problem is the way sporting codes get into the business of virtue-signalling, because sometimes the virtues are in conflict.
That's not a problem, that's a feature.

Alistair Clarkson just announced as the new North Melbourne coach.

So, Essendon have undermined Ben Rutten to achieve ... nothing useful.

Good on North huge get for them, I'm probably a bit lower on Clarko then most but gives them heaps of credibility and stability to get them back on track.

Go the Dockers
Hope Simmofreo is ok

I’m good thanks. Always hard when they play each other. I’m sad I can’t make it to the game though due to family commitments

I think it will be closer than what some of my Freo counterparts are discussing on the Freo board. Briggs will be stronger than people
Think against Darcy I reckon. Although he won’t take the chocolates in the battle he will go well.

Should be a good game

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back