Non Lions Discussion 2019

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dom PC

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2011
Bris
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
FFS. There are so many other better off clubs that can afford to lose people... If Nobes does get the gig good luck to him, but **** me that would hurt... barely been here a couple of years.

In relation to the gambling. How crazy is it that you can get a line of credit at all. You shouldn't be able to gamble money you can't pay/loose that same day. That **** should be illegal and the liability be on the betting agencies to make sure that happens.

Gibbo_88

Premiership Player
Jan 19, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
FFS. There are so many other better off clubs that can afford to lose people... If Nobes does get the gig good luck to him, but **** me that would hurt... barely been here a couple of years.

In relation to the gambling. How crazy is it that you can get a line of credit at all. You shouldn't be able to gamble money you can't pay/loose that same day. That **** should be illegal and the liability be on the betting agencies to make sure that happens.
It does seem ridiculous but it seems to be the case in other businesses that people will be given money when they don't really have the means to pay it back without significant cost to them. Over the last year or so I've seen the ads for small loans/same day loan approval and some of the car loan interest rates from friends who have been in financial trouble sounds like a nightmare. I had a look at one of the websites, Nimble and even if you are relying on centrelink, they will consider giving you a loan...o_O

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

It's enabling an addiction like giving free bottle of wine to an alcoholic.

BangyBangy

Club Legend
Oct 16, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
And just to add salt to the wound, Adelaide are easily accounting for GWS at the moment. Early in the 2nd.

FLVanLandingham

Debutant
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Oh my this win by Sydney is looking quite nice. Ladder position be damned, the topsy turvy season is certainly exciting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CarterS

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Random thoughts:

1. Port v Freo next week both of them a game behind us with better %
  2. GC probably have their best chance for a long time for a win next week vs StK, need a win to hold off Carlton. Carlton's win makes the spoon race very interesting.
  3. Great to see Buddy up and about again.

Last edited:

Tom14

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Random thoughts:

1. Port v Freo next week both of them a game behind us with better %
  2. GC probably have their best chance for a long time for a win next week vs StK, need a win to hold off Carlton. Carlton's win makes the spoon race very interesting.
  3. Great to see Buddy up and about again.
We'll be 7th or 8th at the end of next round - 8th if the Tigers beat the Crows.

Gibbo_88

Premiership Player
Jan 19, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Long way to go but it's looking like Geelongs premiership to lose.

ATM the Pies or Giants would be the most likely to be a good opponent but GWS needs to keep their best side on the field.

Eagles haven't been good enough.

CarterS

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Glad we have got our game vs swans out of way. Look good all of a sudden

Eons

Premiership Player
Sep 29, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Liverpool
So mad. There better be a response against the saints.

Such a missed opportunity.
You could feel the impending doom at the game after Carlton got 2 quick goals in the second quarter. One of the most frustrating games of footy I've been to.

We should beat the Saints but I'm not too confident after yesterday.

Lace Out

Full of it.
Nov 25, 2006
Some Velvet Morning
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
3 Star Mince Integrity Unit
Have to judge the season on a whole it will be in between 17-5 and 7-15,let it play out without stressing we need current players to improve see more of what we have underneath and recruit 1 or 2 more best 22

Scubaveg

Premiership Player
Dec 6, 2009
Carina
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

royboys4eva

Club Legend
Nov 27, 2006
Melbourne - once Darwin.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This came through today. I have absolutely no idea if it’s true, could all be BS for all I know. But wow if it’s true...View attachment 689645

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Its been doing the rounds for a month but its the basis of the herald sun article. I hear from decent sources its mostly spot on. Not sure about Beams missing Port game to go to track that sounds a fabrication.

Top Bottom