Non Lions Discussion 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

So like most lions supporters I’m not a Steven May fan. But just read the below article and we’ll, maybe he has a redeeming quality. That actually hurt to write. He bought his mum a house early in on his career, and managed to survive boarding at a gramma school. Can imagine it’s a real mind twister to be from a tough background around kids who have never had to think about the security of the home their family are living in

Yeah Richo is gone.

I feel a bit sorry for Richo.

The Saints have created a narrative for years now that they are a Finals, even top 4 team but IMO they have had a mediocre list for just as long. Couple that with the significant injuries/absences that they've suffered this year and is it really so shocking that they're struggling to get out of the bottom half of ladder.

The Saints have created a narrative for years now that they are a Finals, even top 4 team but IMO they have had a mediocre list for just as long. Couple that with the significant injuries/absences that they've suffered this year and is it really so shocking that they're struggling to get out of the bottom half of ladder.
I reckon the footy vultures will get their man in the next day or two and Richardson will be gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think a lot of us knew tyhey were being held up be their senior players in Riewoldt and co (forgot their names). When they retired they just went downhill. Their list doesn't have the quality of ours, just mediocre. They are in for some long years down the bottom

I think a lot of us knew tyhey were being held up be their senior players in Riewoldt and co (forgot their names). When they retired they just went downhill. Their list doesn't have the quality of ours, just mediocre. They are in for some long years down the bottom
It was Riewoldt and Montagna who carved us up every time we played them!

There was just a tremendous nuffie Tigers fan calling in to SEN to claim that Richmond didn't have a favourable fixture to finish off the season. Apparently if they are listed as the away team for an MCG game it means the same thing as a team travelling interstate!

You may find him/her in the main board here..
There was a long argument going on between Tigers fan and others about this "away" thing.

There was just a tremendous nuffie Tigers fan calling in to SEN to claim that Richmond didn't have a favourable fixture to finish off the season. Apparently if they are listed as the away team for an MCG game it means the same thing as a team travelling interstate!
Insane.

Even more insane the AFL could allow such a fixture whereby a team plays at its home venue for 7 straight weeks in a national competition.

Insane.

Even more insane the AFL could allow such a fixture whereby a team plays at its home venue for 7 straight weeks in a national competition.

Further to that, it's home venue + the grand final venue in a year they're one of the favourites for the flag no less.

It gives you an insight into the mind of some Melbourne club supporters (with an emphasis on tiger fans).

It gives you an insight into the mind of some Melbourne club supporters (with an emphasis on tiger fans).

I think my favourite claim from some of said fans (Pies fans trot this one out too) is that interstate clubs are better off because they have a home ground advantage rather than it being diluted by many teams sharing the ground.

It completely misses the fact that travelling every second week is a huge disadvantage (e.g. only two WA-based players have reached 300 games in 30 odd years). Some of the travel schedules are pretty ridiculous - e.g. Collingwood has only left Victoria twice this season though they do have 3 road trips in the last 7 rounds.

I think my favourite claim from some of said fans (Pies fans trot this one out too) is that interstate clubs are better off because they have a home ground advantage rather than it being diluted by many teams sharing the ground.

That's always mind-boggling because home ground advantage, by and large, is a result of the home crowd. For a Richmond home game against another club it's still going to be dominated by Richmond fans.

Alistair Lynch just on SEN saying he fears for the future of the Suns without AFL intervention, he mentioned soft cap relief, salary cap expansion, help with the academy and after that is taken care of priority picks.

But of course, us travelling to GC is not an away game?

Same thing happened with us when Brown Black etc retired. Went from a mid table team to a cellar dweller overnight. Blessing in disguise though with the multiple high draft picks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back