Non Lions Discussion 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing that worries me about Carlton though is kulcha I mean, culture. Yes, our boys are talented superhumans, but they also work together as a pride.

New variant of this - BT on the Superfooty podcast declared that none of the 8 teams we have beaten post-bye are any good, so it doesn't count.

By comparison, here is who Geelong has played for in the last 8 weeks for a 4-4 record: Port (loss, we beat em), Adelaide, Dogs (loss, we beat em), Saints, Hawthorn (loss, we beat em), Sydney, Freo (loss), Norf.

:tearsofjoy:

Another fun new stat about us I've seen popping up in previews - we've only played one side in the top 6 since round 6.

This is also true of Geelong and WCE!

Another fun new stat about us I've seen popping up in previews - we've only played one side in the top 6 since round 6.

This is also true of Geelong and WCE!

I do seem to remember a game of 3 v 4 iirc which was GWS v Lions ... which, of course, we won ... they were certainly in the top four at the time and being spoken of as contenders (in fact there was some discussion at the time about Giant and Port proving the Lions were legit (like the current repeat version ref Cats and Tigers since the first time wasn't good enough apparently).

I get that beating a top four in round one doesn't mean much but surely anyone you played who was on the top four when you played them after the bye should count even if they knew themselves unworthy after our meet?

Don't dislike any of our players premiership or not.

I know people will disagree but 1 guy I thought was a bit overrated and lucky to be a part of that era was Craig McCrae . Don't know if he would get a game in our current side.

Fly was sensational. Cannot agree with that one.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think we should play this double entendre game tonight from 7.50pm, certainly beats what's on in competition to it at the MCG.

Maybe we can combine the two.

Can anyone think of any double entendres for James Rowbottom, Marty Hore and Billy Stretch?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe I'm saying this but all our supporters should be barracking for the Tigers this weekend if be beat Geelong. Pretty much guarantees us two home finals.

It also sets up a fascinating final round, where as long as Collingwood lose to either Adelaide or Essendon, and the Tigers have knocked off WC by around 25 points, the live ladder going into the Tigers V Lions clash will be as follows (with the 4 already sealed):

For the Tigers:

• A loss to us would see them 4th, and us 1st

• A small win (~1-20 points) could see them stay 4th, and play Geelong (1st)

• A win of ~21-60 points could see them jump to 3rd and play us (2nd)

• A win of ~61-90 could see them jump to 2nd to play us in 3rd

We could slip to 4th with a 100 point hiding... I'm not going to entertain the thought.

Basically, if the two results going our week this weekend, we're almost certain to play at the Gabba in week 1 of finals - unless we capitulate significantly to Richmond, or WC take Hawthorn to the cleaners and boost their %.

Attachments

• 1565922389320.png
    1565922389320.png
    25.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 1565922461424.png
    1565922461424.png
    26.2 KB · Views: 82
It also sets up a fascinating final round, where as long as Collingwood lose to either Adelaide or Essendon, and the Tigers have knocked off WC by around 25 points, the live ladder going into the Tigers V Lions clash will be as follows (with the 4 already sealed):

View attachment 727672

For the Tigers:

• A loss to us would see them 4th, and us 1st
View attachment 727673

• A small win (~1-20 points) could see them stay 4th, and play Geelong (1st)
View attachment 727675

• A win of ~21-60 points could see them jump to 3rd and play us (2nd)
View attachment 727678

• A win of ~61-90 could see them jump to 2nd to play us in 3rd
View attachment 727681

We could slip to 4th with a 100 point hiding... I'm not going to entertain the thought.

Basically, if the two results going our week this weekend, we're almost certain to play at the Gabba in week 1 of finals - unless we capitulate significantly to Richmond, or WC take Hawthorn to the cleaners and boost their %.

Just a great final 2 rounds to set the top 4 will be the most exciting round this weekend of the year.

Bugger!

I just had a look at the broadcast guide for this weekends matches, how lucky are we:rolleyes:, free to air on Sunday is the Suns v Hawks, wouldn't have minded Tigers v Eagles or Giants v Bulldogs instead. I might have to wheezle an invitation to my sons Foxtel available house for Sunday afternoon, which would be enjoyable viewing if we win tomorrow.

Although Saturday night I'll be able to cheer on the Kangaroos to beat the Power.

Bugger!

I just had a look at the broadcast guide for this weekends matches, how lucky are we:rolleyes:, free to air on Sunday is the Suns v Hawks, wouldn't have minded Tigers v Eagles or Giants v Bulldogs instead. I might have to wheezle an invitation to my sons Foxtel available house for Sunday afternoon, which would be enjoyable viewing if we win tomorrow.

Although Saturday night I'll be able to cheer on the Kangaroos to beat the Power.

Or ask for his foxtel go login information (comes with foxtel) and watch it on the PC

Bugger!

Ah well, there's always the Friday night blockbuster.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back