CarterS

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Just had a flick through Melbourne's draw, looks pretty easy.

Gold Coast first 4 home games against non finalists from 2019, hoping to get some wins on the board early.

BuntonRules

long term substance abuser
Dec 30, 2008
in front of the telly
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Whitsunday SeaEagles
Marngrook footy show axed and just when I started watching it

Already, my 2020 overall football experience is diminished. Streets ahead of any other footy show, and showed the game more respect than any. Loved the way guests opened up more than any other show,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
See a report on DailyMail that Neroli was not popular with other Fox workmates.....I suspect if this is true, it will be that she was probably more professional and expected higher standards.

If this is the reason she got sacked, I hope she sues the pants off them!
I suspect Fox Footy prefers the 'sexier' hosts rather than Neroli, who runs rings around the likes of Sarah Jones and even more rings around Kath Loughlin.

Neroli's knowledge and insight is far superior to those other more glamorous ladies.

However, we shouldn't expect much from Fox if a meathead such as Mark Rucciuto is employed as an 'expert'. Sure he was a great footy player, but one doesn't necessarily follow the other.

WhiteLionFeva

Premium Gold
Oct 19, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Mt Gravatt, MHSOB, FFC, CGS
However, we shouldn't expect much from Fox if a meathead such as Mark Rucciuto is employed as an 'expert'. Sure he was a great footy player, but one doesn't necessarily follow the other.
Indeed, a bit like great players not making great coaches. It not only doesn't follow, you could almost say it is a disqualifier.
Lethal aside of course.

Last edited:

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I reckon it will pop up again somewhere. Ch9 might do something with it perhaps seeing as they don't have a footy show anymore..
Back to the ABC perhaps where it started. Feels like an ABC or SBS type of show. Nine would F it up somehow. Strange considering it must be there highest rating show by far

carnthemlions

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
San Francisco 49ers, Hertha Berlin
Back to the ABC perhaps where it started. Feels like an ABC or SBS type of show. Nine would F it up somehow. Strange considering it must be there highest rating show by far
Nine would have Sam Newman on, he'd get the black paint out and it would only get worse from there. I don't know what the purpose of Nine's continued existence is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dlions

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 12, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This photo of Buddy today at Pre-season training is the leanest I have seen him for a few years.
Might be hard to stop if he can get some of his agility back, which he lost last year due to injuries.
F3E9B02C-DF49-43B1-860E-376EEB1050BD.jpeg

rangatangtang

Senior List
Jul 20, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I reckon lach was probably us grabbing our big fish. Hard to see lightening striking twice, more likely we spend the money keeping our home grown guns
It's not everything, hence why we didn't throw the kitchen sink at elliott this year. Just a little amused by their slogan this year, hope it works out for em

NOT!

Last edited:

Top Bottom