Non Lions Discussion 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Round three we play Port at the Gabba. With Charlie Dixon and potentially Ollie Wines out and a shadow over Ryder, we'd have to be a big chance you would think, subject of course to our own injuries in the meantime.

Round three we play Port at the Gabba. With Charlie Dixon and potentially Ollie Wines out and a shadow over Ryder, we'd have to be a big chance you would think, subject of course to our own injuries in the meantime.

Didn't we go close to beating a full strength Port at home last year?

My tip for a bolter in 2019 is the Western Bulldogs. I think they are a better team than last year and with a bottom 6 draw they will bounce back up and maybe even challenge for Top 4. 2nd bolter Adelaide but lots have picked them already to shoot up.

My slider this year is Collingwood. Their draw is significantly tougher, and they just had one of those seasons where everything went right. Think they'll be 7/8.

Who is your bolter and slider for 2019?

My tip for a bolter in 2019 is the Western Bulldogs. I think they are a better team than last year and with a bottom 6 draw they will bounce back up and maybe even challenge for Top 4. 2nd bolter Adelaide but lots have picked them already to shoot up.

My slider this year is Collingwood. Their draw is significantly tougher, and they just had one of those seasons where everything went right. Think they'll be 7/8.

Bolter - Lions 🦁
Slider - Cats 🐈

Their injury list from last season was one of the worst. Particularly their defence. Not sure everything went right for them.

Their injury list from last season was one of the worst. Particularly their defence. Not sure everything went right for them.
Fair call, didn't mean injuries but just their playing style and the way their mids started kicking goals, also find it unlikely that players like Stephenson and Cox could replicate the seasons they had in 2019. Also they have key defender issues, and it's partly just a hunch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair call, didn't mean injuries but just their playing style and the way their mids started kicking goals, also find it unlikely that players like Stephenson and Cox could replicate the seasons they had in 2019. Also they have key defender issues, and it's partly just a hunch.
I'm hopping Stephenson takes a big step up from last season. I hate Collingwood as much as the next person, but Stephenson is one of those players that is just awesome to watch. But I do expect him to be much more closely marked.

I think their midfield can cover their defence enough for them to remain a top 8 team.

Bolter - Lions 🦁
Slider - Cats 🐈

Yeah, I agree with the Cats being a slider. They've pretty much made the finals for the last few seasons on the back of their home games. Hence when the rubber hits the road in finals they've made a quick exit.

This year it's not a walk in the park at Kardinia stadium. Rd2 Melbourne, Rd4 GWS, Rd6 Eagles (they'll be eager for an away win after getting pantsed in round 1 ;)), Rd7 Essendon, Rd11 Sydney (I expect Sydney to slide too this year, but they play Kardinia park well), Rd15 Adelaide,

Bolter - Adelaide. The obvious pick but I feel there is too much talent in the team for them to miss out 2 years in a row. I expect them to make the top 4.

Slider - Hawks.

I toyed with Geelong and Sydney as sliders but geelong's home field advantage is too great for them to be too big a slider and for the swans I feel that as long as buddy gets fit early enough they will be fine. The Hawks on the other hand really aren't as talented as their ladder position last year with their key position stocks especially ageing/underperforming. Mitchell is a very big loss for them in the middle. On the other hand, it wouldn't shock me if Clarko coaches them to more wins than I suspect and if they get Scully going that will go a long way to filling the Mitchell loss (though they are very different players).

His clinical anxiety can lead him to making poor decisions around alcohol consumption...

Nice spin.

I wonder if Fev had clinical anxiety too.

Not to belittle mental health issues, but I have had that from around the age of 15.

Yikes! Maybe peter bell should have done his due diligence better

Seriously sounds like high school aged excuse making. Mental health is serious. dragging it out like that makes it look like a 'convenient' excuse meant to placate the fans who will be pissed he has been suspended for a game.

And if Hogan is suffering from anxiety a secondary party announcing it on twitter and linking it to a behavioural problem that he is getting punished for is not appropriate. Ever.

Peter bell is a .... glad he isn't ours.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back