Non Lions Discussion 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks pretty obvious to me. Wasn't trying to shake the post as there is a much easier way of doing it. Just looked like he was trying to climb it a bit to give him a slight height advantage so he would be able to touch the ball if it was close to him.

That's also against the rules, same as rugby union style lifts or setting up an intentional platform for a speccy.

The top reply:

Uhh that's exactly what happens in most tackles, and the "disposal" at that point is dropping the ball on to the ground and sometimes punching it away after it's on the ground. So yeah...

Has anyone seen a player do something so stupid before? Seriously is like little kids stuff to be climbing a goal post. Should be a free kick just for being stupid. If the Lions lost in that fashion I would be absolutely headless.

The top reply:

Uhh that's exactly what happens in most tackles, and the "disposal" at that point is dropping the ball on to the ground and sometimes punching it away after it's on the ground. So yeah...

Difference here to me is that scenario would happen dozens of times a game whereas climbing a goal post is a deliberate attempt to cheat (in my opinion) that probably happens once every few seasons, if that. Can't remember ever having seen it before actually.

The umpires have evaluated their own performance and decided they were correct 🤪

View attachment 671374

Lol, umpires ticking it off means nothing as they want to give support to the umpires who didnt give the free. Wat about this, if someone starts punching another player and the umpire says "stop right now" and the player stops is it then not a free kick? The player still went up the post, regardless of whether he decided to stop or not it should have been a free.

Lol, umpires ticking it off means nothing as they want to give support to the umpires who didnt give the free. Wat about this, if someone starts punching another player and the umpire says "stop right now" and the player stops is it then not a free kick? The player still went up the post, regardless of whether he decided to stop or not it should have been a free.

Read somewhere that the Umps are angry that Hocking isn't publicly backing them more so they have started doing it themselves.

Read somewhere that the Umps are angry that Hocking isn't publicly backing them more so they have started doing it themselves.
I read that too but if they are making the wrong decisions then what do they expect Hocking to say. Probably a big part of the reason why there is so much disparity betweeneach game and official, the umpires themselves probably arent 100% sure. How bout if the umps made a mistake, call it a mistake, if the umps were correct, say it was correct. Looks like atm it is if the umps call it correct, it is correct. If the umps call a mistake, then it is correct...

I read that too but if they are making the wrong decisions then what do they expect Hocking to say. Probably a big part of the reason why there is so much disparity betweeneach game and official, the umpires themselves probably arent 100% sure. How bout if the umps made a mistake, call it a mistake, if the umps were correct, say it was correct. Looks like atm it is if the umps call it correct, it is correct. If the umps call a mistake, then it is correct...

Totally agree, best way to build trust in any situation or workplace is to admit you made an error.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give the suns credit, their footy might be as ugly as a hat full of arseholes, but they are showing more grit this year than they have under any of their previous coaches.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back