Non Lions Discussion 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder if we'll get the good behaviour argument this week.

Ablett has a brilliant athletically capable body. He can control every movement and make changes instantaneously, there’s no such thing as an accidental movement at his level. It’s what makes him such a brilliant player. So these highs are deliberate. He hits high/late with not enough force to really hurt, but enough to put a split second delay into his opposition. It’s still deliberate, but he has a precedent from last week that gets him off again this week.

He’ll continue to dog act until he knocks someone out and can get suspended. I respect his abilities, but didn’t like him at the suns and I don’t like him back at geelong.

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
I don't like him at all - he's all the superlatives, but just not a bloke I'd want in the trenches with me, which is where arguments about "best ever" should, in my view, be focused.

Sausages

Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
And I don't claim that my view is anything other than me with my LIONS goggles firmly on, wearing my LIONS scarf, my LIONS dressing gown and my LIONS slippers....drinking coffee from my LIONS mug.

patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Heat, Wigan Athletic
I do like seeing other teams get thrashed every now and then. That's for stealing our Joelly!

(And yes, I know Joel wanted to go and it wasn't stealing but just go with it, okay?)

Sausages

Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
I'll be interested to see what happens to Roughy next week.

Official attendance at MCG for Hawks game is listed as 14,636 - surely that can't be right???
Combination of shitty weather, mothers day, GWS no fans and Hawthorn bandwagon dropping off.

Still would have thought 20-25k would have rocked up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Combination of shitty weather, mothers day, GWS no fans and Hawthorn bandwagon dropping off.

Still would have thought 20-25k would have rocked up.

So a team with 70,000 odd members & they get 15,000 to a game. Wow. Sad for them, they missed what will probably will turn out to be one of the biggest highlights for the year for the Hawks. They'll have more turn up at Tassie in Rd19 when we wallop them by ten goals again.

Say what you will about the Dockers, they provide good comedy.

Posted from:
IMG_20190512_170219.jpg

Oct 20, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Kelly is a gun
when i first saw him in playing in the WAFL I knew he would be an elite talent
Wish we had him what a steal by the cats
I would love the Lions to make a play for him - wont get him but will bump his asking price up a few 100k to squeeze the Eagles

think all clubs knew he was a gun but they were not game to take him due to the go home concerns

eagles were keen on him noted by their trade r*pe of GC where they got all those second round picks.

as usual though they got greedy and took Oscar Allen hoping Kelly would keep falling and Cats took the risk and took him, kind of sick of clubs doing things like this where they get their own talent for cheap which they tried to do last year but the Cats didn't budge.

Hopefully he stays at Geelong or WCE need to make a god father offer selling the farm

Official attendance at MCG for Hawks game is listed as 14,636 - surely that can't be right???

I watched the game (sigh)... it was insanely empty. I couldn't believe it. You could have had a whole section to yourself on the wing if you wanted.

FLVanLandingham

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
with the insipid crowd environment and pretty boring game by the end, i actually spent most of my time just watching the birds flying around. Quite beautiful

Having said that, Reuben is clearly still interested in getting better and i imagine he wants back into an afl team. Being seen to obviously capitalise on a learning moment will be a big tick for anyone club that is interested in him. Might even draw new clubs to review him. Good on him - he did it with no expectation that it would get noticed, just a genuine desire to continue to improve. Hope it works out for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back