Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
The fact you need this explained to you isn't surprising. Maybe don't post? Maybe post that you hope Rayner can develop into this sort of player. Maybe don't post things about his fitness for the millionth time? Maybe don't post about him multiple times a day in other threads?
I don't need anything explained to me and certainly not from you.

I'll post what I like, about who I like and when I like.

Given I was on your 'ignore list' I would highly encourage you adding me back on it if you have such issue with my posting.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Latest injury list has Dayne Beams as 11-15 weeks away, unlikely to play again this year you would think.

I'd say the odds are definitely not in his favour.

DashinD

All Australian
Sep 5, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
You would have to think it must be very tough going for Dayne at the moment. Grief, everyone talking about his gambling, Melbourne pressure cooker, now no footy to focus on.
Hopefully he’s getting the strength from his young family. Putting aside footy rivalry and the circumstances he left our club, it’s hard not to feel some empathy for him right now. I’m not trying to get on my high horse or anything. Just would suck immensely to be in his shoes at the moment.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
You would have to think it must be very tough going for Dayne at the moment. Grief, everyone talking about his gambling, Melbourne pressure cooker, now no footy to focus on.
Hopefully he’s getting the strength from his young family. Putting aside footy rivalry and the circumstances he left our club, it’s hard not to feel some empathy for him right now. I’m not trying to get on my high horse or anything. Just would suck immensely to be in his shoes at the moment.
No sympathy from me; he chose to bail our club after accepting a heavily front ended contract and then blatantly lying to everyone that he was staying so given he made his bed, he can rot in it for all I care.

This is pure supposition.

If IF the Eddie and gambling payoff is true I reckon his mental health issues last year could be seen in a totally different light. The gambling could have been as big a driver as his grief, Eddie solution was proposed and considered, at the bnf his feelings overrode the reality then he realised he had to take the payoff (which I think should be part of salary cap but that’s another whole post). If Eddie was paying he also probably write the my hearts slwas been with the pies speech which we all found offensive.

Again if true, I wonder how his current teammates feel about taking a salary cut to fit him in. It’s one thing to help a valuable teammate, another thing to essentially donate to a situation that’s paying off someone’s else’s gambling debt. Pissed me off when I had to do it, and they didn’t stop gambling.

T Rick

Premium Platinum
Sep 20, 2007
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
This is pure supposition.

If IF the Eddie and gambling payoff is true I reckon his mental health issues last year could be seen in a totally different light. The gambling could have been as big a driver as his grief, Eddie solution was proposed and considered, at the bnf his feelings overrode the reality then he realised he had to take the payoff (which I think should be part of salary cap but that’s another whole post). If Eddie was paying he also probably write the my hearts slwas been with the pies speech which we all found offensive.

Again if true, I wonder how his current teammates feel about taking a salary cut to fit him in. It’s one thing to help a valuable teammate, another thing to essentially donate to a situation that’s paying off someone’s else’s gambling debt. Pissed me off when I had to do it, and they didn’t stop gambling.
Did his team mates actually take a pay cut or was it a matter of re-scheduling the timing of some pay to even out the next few years under the salary cap?

Did his team mates actually take a pay cut or was it a matter of re-scheduling the timing of some pay to even out the next few years under the salary cap?
The way it was reported was two-fold:
  • Beams split his two remaining years on our contract into four for Collingwood.
  • Some teammates took paycuts or deferred payment to fit Beams under the salary cap.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Odds on to miss rest of the season. But Collingwood will say he is even money chance to return for the finals.
Lets hope Dayne returns for finals at the expense of Brayden Sier... Sier get the poos and requests a trade to the Lions.

BTW, I'd be all for gambling advertising going the way of tobacco advertising. Sporting teams and competitions will find other sponsorship options to fill the hole. IIRC it was all doom and gloom when it was mooted re tobacco being given the boot and it never materialized that way in practice.

royboys4eva

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2006
Melbourne - once Darwin.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Lets hope Dayne returns for finals at the expense of Brayden Sier... Sier get the poos and requests a trade to the Lions.

BTW, I'd be all for gambling advertising going the way of tobacco advertising. Sporting teams and competitions will find other sponsorship options to fill the hole. IIRC it was all doom and gloom when it was mooted re tobacco being given the boot and it never materialized that way in practice.

When I started in the gambling industry you could not advertise and we all did just fine. Its a joke how bad the advertising has got. It pollutes every sporting venue. Makes me cringe and a lot of the blame lies at the feet of wave off UK Bookies that have hit our shores in the last decade.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
.....and the fact that all those betting agencies are right there on their phones while watching the races/football on telly. So easy to think hmmm, might have a bet on the next....and so easy to set it up to make those bets. All in the comfort of their lounges at home.

From thinking about it, to actually placing the bet all in a matter of moments. Gotcha!

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Agree

Gamble responsibly :rolleyes:

Back