Non Lions Discussion 2019

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Happy to take back any former Lions fans who defected to the Suns and are now having buyer’s remorse...

...after they complete their Cersei Lannister “SHAME!” walk up the M1.

I didn't read the article and assume it was an opinion piece, but Mark Robinson talking about Paul Roos/Michael Voss combo to possibly coach Carlton.

patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Heat, Wigan Athletic
I didn't read the article and assume it was an opinion piece, but Mark Robinson talking about Paul Roos/Michael Voss combo to possibly coach Carlton.

Robbo's drinking is starting to scare me. There's no way that would happen, I mean, I think we all remember 2013.

BrainOfMorbius

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Happy to take back any former Lions fans who defected to the Suns and are now having buyer’s remorse...

I think we should just make sure they get a special, easily-identifiable lanyard or cap, so we can give them the WE KNOW WHAT YOU DID glares

As in co-senior coaching (has that ever happened before?) or Roos doing his patented Melbourne shtick with Voss in the heir apparent role?

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox

Do we know whatever happened to Chasing the Dream? He lived on the Gold Coast and was a prominent Lions poster on this board for years before Gold Coast came in? Did he defect?

My mind went to this reference first

Just need someone more talented than me to have a Suns jumper melt off and change Supplicants to Sunplicants

Having seen some suns supporters I'm not sure I want to see that

John Noble will debut for Collingwood this week. Our own David noble will be stoked :)

It’s unfortunate that he will be conflicted as he will also be death riding Collingwood for its picks.

patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Heat, Wigan Athletic
But will John want to be with his dad? Growing up and moving on and all that

No matter how much you grow up, I think all of us who had a healthy relationship with our parents would love to have them closer. I know I'd love to have Mum live within driving distance.

No matter how much you grow up, I think all of us who had a healthy relationship with our parents would love to have them closer. I know I'd love to have Mum live within driving distance.

Not being critical, but methinx you are taking your own personal feelings and assuming all others are the same. I love my parents, get on well with them, but love the fact that is is a telephone relationship.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Very happy to see this. One, for the Suns, considering the easy bashing they seem to be copping in the media stating all their young stars are going to leave. And secondly, for the inevitable melts on the Adelaide / Port boards.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Very happy to see this. One, for the Suns, considering the easy bashing they seem to be copping in the media stating all their young stars are going to leave. And secondly, for the inevitable melts on the Adelaide / Port boards.

Goes to show how much bullshit the afl media spew forth, Rankine was supposedly a massive go home risk, the same as Rayner was for us.... apparently.

They really do just throw garbage at a dart board and every now and then they get one right.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Goes to show how much bulls**t the afl media spew forth, Rankine was supposedly a massive go home risk, the same as Rayner was for us.... apparently.

They really do just throw garbage at a dart board and every now and then they get one right.

Sure, you don't get the same media attention than if you're in a pure AFL state, but being on the Gold Coast as a very well paid 19/20 year old professional sportsman isn't so horrible, trust me. Wouldn't surprise me if they keep all their young stars for the next few years.

Back