Non Lions Discussion 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

What's the best Eddie has a whinge about the NGA academies after the game?

You can understand why we put a bid in on Jarrod Cameron and not just because he is Charlie's brother, showing plenty.

Looking at that draft-

Pick 39- Jarrod Cameron(Eagles) Matching Lions bid.
Pick 40- Tom Joyce(Lions).
Pick 41- Jack Bytel(Saints).
Pick 42- Connor McFadyen(Lions).
Pick 55- Noah Answerth(Lions). 🔥 :D :hearts:

It will be interesting to see who turns out the better player, if we got Cameron Jnr in all likely hood we would have missed out on Tom Joyce, liking the look of Joyce in the NEAFL.

Someone asked Charlie if he’ll bring his brother over and he said “Nup, he’s happy where he’s at.” :(

I am legitimately confused how his brother had to use the NGA to get into the AFL. The kid is clearly a jet. I know the NGA is supposed to help under represented 'groups' of people but scouts know about indigenous players, they are not exactly ignored or hidden.

I am legitimately confused how his brother had to use the NGA to get into the AFL. The kid is clearly a jet. I know the NGA is supposed to help under represented 'groups' of people but scouts know about indigenous players, they are not exactly ignored or hidden.

It's an olive branch from the AFL to placate outrage over the northern academies.

West coast have such an enviable list at the moment. Ridiculous tall and small forwards, a hardworking and efficient midfield, and some of the best tall defenders in the league. And on top of that very fee injuries. Glad we played them in round 1!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Treloar gets a lot of the ball but his actual value to the team is less than a lot of his teammates I think. And less than quite a few other inside midfielders in the comp. Pendlebury seems to do twice as much with the ball with half the possessions of Treloar.

If we beat Port, we move to 3rd regardless of this result. I'd rather Eagles win though.

Eagles aren't looking like world beaters though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back