Non Lions Discussion 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Screw you crows!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Harsh.

They lost Sloane for the second half, are as slow as treacle and got smashed on Inside50's by 63-41. I was expecting the Flat Trackers to run away with it in the last quarter but the Crows hung in well.

To get within 10 points and having the Weagles crowd bleating and complaining for most of the last quarter was a pretty admirable effort in my book.

What a round of massive ladder possibilities at stake next weekend.

Top 2, 4 and/or finals positions on the line for all these sides-

Lions(2nd) v Cats(1st).
Tigers(4th) v Eagles(3rd).

Giants(6th) v Bulldogs(10th).
Crows(9th) v Magpies(5th).

+ a huge game for some of these sides battling for a spot in the lower reaches of the 8.

Kangaroos v Power(8th).
Dockers(12th) v Bombers(7th).
Hawks(11th) v Suns.

They drafted him with the pick we gave for Charlie. In the end, both clubs will feel vindicated, IMO.

Yep.

I'm aware of that. Pick 12

Thought the kid showed a bit last season and then for some reason the Crows sent him back to the SANFL.

In the light of his performance tonight , they would feel either embarrassed or vindicated. Only they would know which it is. He actually looked like a far more dangerous option than Tex.

Watching the tigers today I am confident we can match them rd 23.
Last year we had no composure around the ball and they overwhelmed us and waited for us to turn it over.
This year we have got a hardened and more importantly a clean and composed midfield.
Plus we have the talls and smalls to keep them accountable and worry them down back.

So who do we want to win next round ? Tigers or Eagles ?

Tigers for me, better chance for us in round 23 with them not rebounding from a lose.

Also if we win along with the Tigers, we will be a game clear on top. With a significant percentage advantage over the log jam behind us (excluding Geelong) it would mean the we would have likely stitched up a top 2 finish, barring a blow out in the last round.

So who do we want to win next round ? Tigers or Eagles ?
Provided we win, 100% Richmond.

That will mean that even if we lose to Richmond, provided by not that much (say less than 30), West Coast would have to beat Hawthorn by a lot for us not to finish top 2.

That being said, given West Coast play Hawthorn on the Saturday night in rd 23 and Geelong play Carlton on the Saturday, we'll know exactly what we need to do come the Sunday against Richmond, including what the maximum is we can lose by and not give up top two.

The key is though, we must beat Geelong and hope Richmond beat West Coast.

Watching the tigers today I am confident we can match them rd 23.
Last year we had no composure around the ball and they overwhelmed us and waited for us to turn it over.
This year we have got a hardened and more importantly a clean and composed midfield.
Plus we have the talls and smalls to keep them accountable and worry them down back.
Yep, we have the game to match them in the midfield. We are 5th in contested footy, they are 18th. We are no. 2 in post clearance contested footy, they are 10th. Holding their key and small forwards will be more challenging I think.

Yep, we have the game to match them in the midfield. We are 5th in contested footy, they are 18th. We are no. 2 in post clearance contested footy, they are 10th. Holding their key and small forwards will be more challenging I think.

Hawkins always troubles us but we have had the better of Ablett over the years, especially when Raines used to tag the crap out of him. No Raines around anymore unfortunately

Answerth to Miers I think, Andrews to Hawkins and Gardiner to Ratugolea.

That still leaves Ablett as bit of a swinger and that could be a tricky match up.

Rich?

Did anyone watch 360 tonight? Dimma was on and they asked about free agency and contracts. Dimma said the current regime isn't right and you effectively have players picking and choosing after 2 years. Said the teams in the northern states have been struggling with it and need help and that we need strong teams in the northern states for the betterment of the comp.

Good on good guy Dimma.

Although it is a pretty easy statement to make when you're one of the beneficiaries of the current system.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawkins always troubles us but we have had the better of Ablett over the years, especially when Raines used to tag the crap out of him. No Raines around anymore unfortunately

Answerth to Miers I think, Andrews to Hawkins and Gardiner to Ratugolea.

That still leaves Ablett as bit of a swinger and that could be a tricky match up.

Hodge?
I was responding to a post about Richmond.

Did anyone watch 360 tonight? Dimma was on and they asked about free agency and contracts. Dimma said the current regime isn't right and you effectively have players picking and choosing after 2 years. Said the teams in the northern states have been struggling with it and need help and that we need strong teams in the northern states for the betterment of the comp.

Good on good guy Dimma.

Although it is a pretty easy statement to make when you're one of the beneficiaries of the current system.
Yep, and all Scott could talk about was how we haven't been tested against a top team yet.

Yep, and all Scott could talk about was how we haven't been tested against a top team yet.

Literally the first thing out of Scott's mouth tonight was "Brisbane had a bottom 6 draw this year".

Literally the first thing out of Scott's mouth tonight was "Brisbane had a bottom 6 draw this year".

We're going to beat them.

Good on good guy Dimma.

All the more reason he didn't need to say anything. Really good of him to speak without a Victorian bias.

Going for the early cheap sledge eh Scotty?

We really must have them worried.
Looking forward to seeing the Scott melts in the box every time a free goes against them. Worth the price of admission.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back