Non Lions Discussion 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought both frees against Jack were not only correct, but fair too. The action both times was not a natural one and not normal for him. That tells me it's a deliberate action to virtually kick your opponent out of the way.
A foot in the back in the action of marking is fine, but his looked more like a kick.
What is most obscene is that because a Vic star falls foul and cost a big Vic club a couple of goal opportunities, the rule suddenly is too harsh. What a load of s**t.
How many frees have been paid against studs up? Honestly, it has not been an issue that suddenly needs softening because it adversely affects too many contests. If 99% of the competition can contest the ball without kicking their leg out like that, with studs impacting opponents, then a star like Jack can manage.
Piss weak by the AFL to alter a rule to suit one player after having a sook.

I think it's literally less than one free kick given a week on average based off my random sample of games over the last year. Greene has been called once - maybe twice - in 22 weeks since the introduction. Riewoldt does it twice in one game and s**t hits the fan despite dozens of players take a mark without using their studs every other week.

Tom Browne Ch7 Talking Footy...just said Hodge will announce his retirement this season and will be in the media next season and some part time assistant coaching. Did not elaborate any details.

I love Robbo, he is vouching for us so hard.

Gerard is still against us lmao "Let's see how they go against Richmond at the MCG"
Seems like no matter what we do or what opposition we beat, its not enough. Winning on the road, beat St Kilda (check), then back to back wins on the road against GWS, then Port (check, check), beat two Melbourne's teams that were almost the in-form teams of the comp at home in North and Footscray (check, check), if that's not enough, beat Hawthorn on the road in Tasmania (check) and then beat the top team at home (check) and we still have to prove our worth.

I could care less about Whately these days, nothing but a self-entitled, pompous prick that sniffs his own s**t such is his own view of his opinions.

Seems like no matter what we do or what opposition we beat, its not enough. Winning on the road, beat St Kilda (check), then back to back wins on the road against GWS, then Port (check, check), beat two Melbourne's teams that were almost the in-form teams of the comp at home in North and Footscray (check, check), if that's not enough, beat Hawthorn on the road in Tasmania (check) and then beat the top team at home (check) and we still have to prove our worth.

I could care less about Whately these days, nothing but a self-entitled, pompous prick that sniffs his own s**t such is his own view of his opinions.

I’ve always been a fan of Whately, but lately I can sense a bit of arrogance creeping in. Just little things. For example, when someone calls up on sen and asks him how he is, he seems too high and mighty to even give a ‘Good thanks mate’ in a respectable tone. I love listening to Nick Riewoldt though and think he has a long career in the media.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

See Rischa has announced his retirement. Would have liked him to be a one club player with the Lions but he went chasing the big bucks and premierships. Surprised to see he played 111 games with us out of 243 total. Didn't think it was as many as that.
Pretty rough to pin that on Rischa after the treatment he received the previous offseason

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hinkley and or Pyke next. More likely Hinkley. Senior people at Port keep sprucing what a great job Vossie does. He could end up Senior coach at Port yet.

See Rischa has announced his retirement. Would have liked him to be a one club player with the Lions but he went chasing the big bucks and premierships. Surprised to see he played 111 games with us out of 243 total. Didn't think it was as many as that.
We tried to trade him out for Fev, though, so he knew exactly how highly we valued him at the time. Good luck to him. He's an honest player who always gave everything. I'm sad for him that he didn't get much success at the Suns.

EDIT: Sorry, I see you've already responded to a similar comment.

I’ve always been a fan of Whately, but lately I can sense a bit of arrogance creeping in. Just little things. For example, when someone calls up on sen and asks him how he is, he seems too high and mighty to even give a ‘Good thanks mate’ in a respectable tone. I love listening to Nick Riewoldt though and think he has a long career in the media.

I'm going to go in to bat for Whateley. He's the one AFL journo who is able to dissect the game without resorting to regular muckraking or relying on a boof-headed view of footy borne out of a lower league playing career. I think he's bordering on over-exposed so perhaps familiarity breeds contempt. However, I'd be careful what we wish for - there are a lot of really poor analysts out there who would be the ones who'd take over the airwaves if the public turned on the likes of Whateley. People like Danny Frawley are moronic and yet, it wasn't that long ago that they were front and centre of AFL coverage on multiple channels. We can't afford to go back there.

FWIW, I get tired of people ringing up talkback radio and wasting the first 20 or 30 seconds of a call in idle chitchat with the host/s. The "how are you Gerard?" needs nothing more than a perfunctory response.

I find it funny how they brush aside our 9 straight wins and the Dogs beat Essendon (flaky) and GWS's NEAFL team (even more flaky) and they are the form side :moustache:
They mention the Dogs have beaten us but forget to mention that we beat the Dogs last time we played.

Hinkley and or Pyke next. More likely Hinkley. Senior people at Port keep sprucing what a great job Vossie does. He could end up Senior coach at Port yet.

Hinkley's pressers are cringeworthy - he is almost incoherent after a loss and equally inarticulate after a win. God knows how players can play for him with his lack of faith in them and his "drop anyone" to the SANFL culture. Throw in that loose cannon Koch and you have a terrible club culture IMO. Fages is clearly up there as one of the most articulate and best relationship based coaches in the AFL. Throw in Noble and Swan and we clearly have really talented and emotionally balanced adults in charge.

might of said this before , at the time after the collingwood game 2013 , I wanted Vossy out, two years later I reflected and thought how on earth could I have pinned all our wows on him.
I really believed we were better than what he had got out of our list.
Funny thing hindsight, hope he gets another crack.

Hinkley's pressers are cringeworthy - he is almost incoherent after a loss and equally inarticulate after a win. God knows how players can play for him with his lack of faith in them and his "drop anyone" to the SANFL culture. Throw in that loose cannon Koch and you have a terrible club culture IMO. Fages is clearly up there as one of the most articulate and best relationship based coaches in the AFL. Throw in Noble and Swan and we clearly have really talented and emotionally balanced adults in charge.

Would be hard to find a more unlikable duo then Hinkley and Koch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back