Club Legend
Mar 31, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Screenshot_20190906-223924.png

Aug 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Of course Natanui gets away with absolutely pummeling a guy into a fence. Notice how there was absolutely zero media attention towards the incident on the official AFL site.

Now if it was Mitch Robinson or Nick Robertson who did that...

Didn't Daniel Rich get suspended 2 games for shoving a guy into the fence a few years ago?

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Of course Natanui gets away with absolutely pummeling a guy into a fence. Notice how there was absolutely zero media attention towards the incident on the official AFL site.

Now if it was Mitch Robinson or Nick Robertson who did that...

Didn't Daniel Rich get suspended 2 games for shoving a guy into the fence a few years ago?

Pull hair = $1000 fine

Throw opponent into the fence = $1000 fine

Right.

Nimble Numbat

Rookie
Jun 2, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Agree that Nic Nat should miss a game for that.

Found it a bit surprising just how easily he threw Merrett into the fence. Like a man and a little boy. I know he's a giant and you see him destroy players on field all the time, but it still took me back a bit.

werdna78

All Australian
Sep 29, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fulham Football Club
Such an irrational reaction on the Suns board.

Is he meant to lie and say the Gold Coast is an AFL cultural Mecca? It’s not.

It’s clearly a reason why frontier clubs struggle with retention. Some players crave being in the bubble.

It was a comment on the market, not a shot at the actual club (something McKenna was happy to do).

I’m sure Fages will be despairing to hear that Mr Bods is angry at him though. Bodsy is permanently angry about something or other... so it may as well be Fages this week. A chip the size of a blue whale on his shoulder.
I think it was taken out of context. All he needed to do was add "yet" on the end of his sentences. Isn't this why the AFL set a team up on the Gold Coast? They have a rather good grass football there.

If Geelong play WC at home at GMHBA then that is truly unfair on West Coast. Geelong should play all finals at the MCG or all at GMHBA. Cannot be different venue based on opponent.
They won't.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Agree that Nic Nat should miss a game for that.

Found it a bit surprising just how easily he threw Merrett into the fence. Like a man and a little boy. I know he's a giant and you see him destroy players on field all the time, but it still took me back a bit.
Couldn't agree more . When I saw it I thought immediately he was gone.

And what's with the fine for pulling someone's hair ?? So you can punch someone in the guts or throw them into the fence but not pull their hair , it was hardly anything more than a gentle tug either.

Well, Jono Brown got fined $1200 that time he intentionally yanked on Harry O'Brien Heritier Lumumba's hair at the Gabba, so they are remaining relatively consistent with that aspect. I can't recall if Lumumba was charged anything for bending Brown backwards over the fence though. Serial pest Hayden Ballantyne was also fined $900 in another hair pulling incident against Lumumba.

But intentionally grabbing an opposition player by the throat and ragdolling them into a fence being worth the same fine? Yeah nah, that's wrong. NicNat should've seen a week for that.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Well, Jono Brown got fined $1200 that time he intentionally yanked on Harry O'Brien Heritier Lumumba's hair at the Gabba, so they are remaining relatively consistent with that aspect. I can't recall if Lumumba was charged anything for bending Brown backwards over the fence though. Serial pest Hayden Ballantyne was also fined $900 in another hair pulling incident against Lumumba.

But intentionally grabbing an opposition player by the throat and ragdolling them into a fence being worth the same fine? Yeah nah, that's wrong. NicNat should've seen a week for that.

Would be interesting if someone did the same to Dusty 3 minutes into the first quarter and he had didn’t play the rest of the game.

Spotless Stadium has a capacity of 24,000. GWS has a membership base of 30,108 this year, 44,373 for the Bulldogs.

It's an elimination final... and there's that many empty seats in the second tier? Pathetic.

FLVanLandingham

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Eugh I nearly vomited in my mouth a little

The advantage rule needs a tweak where its play on until the ump stops it if they don't have the advantage, or choose not to take it....

Back