Non Lions Discussion 2019

It's crazy that in a few weeks we might be able to say the only thing stopping a Richmond threepeat was a college kid from America.

Or could be a Bastinac in a granny.. you know..

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
Just saw the greene incident, Looks like he has him in a head lock and puts his hand/arm over his face. Didn't really look like an eye gouge. Bont didn't react.
some media have reported there are other angles that look bad, but haven't seen the footage myself. From the available footage it looks like he could be doing something but yeah you can't tell.
But it's Greene so he probably did it.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Mr MM and his family are devastated...

He was much loved by all Saints fans.

RIP Danny
Many will be affected.

My best mate is an Obgyn and has a practice in Brighton opposite a cafe and we often catch up for coffee early mornings when I'm on my way into work and I Spud was regularly there after an early morning bike ride in his lycra, although not in recent years, catching up with his old Saints mates, particularly the builders / developers such as Stewie Loewe and Max Hudghton and others, but he was always friendly and polite and happy to chat.

Given he was an old St Patrick's boy, we probably should spare a thought for the Hugh McCluggage and the Berry brothers who were also St Pats alumni's and may have known Danny given Danny's fondness for all of the AFL boys in the system from the area.

On the Couch was truly heartbreaking tonight watching big Jono Brown choking on his words talking about Danny; had tears myself.

Credit to all of the footy shows tonight for what would have been such a difficult task, particularly Neroli Meadows who was clearly emotional, but showed what a professional she is.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Beautifully put Dylan12. The tears came for me too watching Browny and how Neroli held it together I'll never know.

I also thought of our boys and the Nth Ballarat footy club where they are all from. St Pats and the Bungaree footy club. Plugger and so many of them. Danny adored Plugger. Gary Lyon isn't on his show this morning either and poor Jason Dunstall must be a mess too.

...and then there is his family. Dear god.😢

Only yesterday while Mr MM was having his chemo, we were talking to another Saints supporter, a volunteer at the hosp, both she and Mr MM were talking of their love of the club and it's bright future now with all the changes etc.......we then came home to this news.

Devastation all around.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Random comment, but was just looking through YouTube and watched the round 3 post game interview with Andrew Gaff from earlier this year. I noticed in the background that young Petruccelle was holding a can of coke and sipping it down. Nothing against him at all, but just instantly made me think about Hodgey and his feelings about drinking *coke during the season. These little things are the reason why Luke Hodge has been so instrumental in the rise of the Lions. Sets such a great example. He was also our best player on the weekend IMO.

* = Coca-cola (I know people can get confused with the other stuff when discussing the eagles)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Random comment, but was just looking through YouTube and watched the round 3 post game interview with Andrew Gaff from earlier this year. I noticed in the background that young Petruccelle was holding a can of coke and sipping it down. Nothing against him at all, but just instantly made me think about Hodgey and his feelings about drinking *coke during the season. These little things are the reason why Luke Hodge has been so instrumental in the rise of the Lions. Sets such a great example. He was also our best player on the weekend IMO.

* = Coca-cola (I know people can get confused with the other stuff when discussing the eagles)

Here is something even more random.

My Wife’s sister says it is Child abuse to let your kids drink Coke!

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys

Pretty sure the night after games is a free hit food wise. Players lose so much weight during a game so they need to calorie load after.

Robbo gets a large Big Mac meal, a cheeseburger and a McChicken after games.

Stef Martin slaughters a couple of boxes of Magnum ice creams.

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Pretty sure the night after games is a free hit food wise. Players lose so much weight during a game so they need to calorie load after.

Wonder if any of the players go for a healthier option example pizza (can be very healthy depending on the toppings)

Personally I'd go through a couple of boxes of BBQ shapes.

pauldrc

Cancelled
Dream Team Club Board Winner Brisbane Lions - Charlie Cameron Player Sponsor 2020 Dream Team Club Board Winner Brisbane Lions - Charlie Cameron Player Sponsor 2019 Brisbane Lions - Hugh McCluggage Player Sponsor 2018 Brisbane Lions - Hugh McCluggage Player Sponsor 2017 Brisbane Lions - Allen Christensen Player Sponsor 2016 Brisbane Lions - Dayne Beams Player Sponsor 2015 Brisbane Lions - Pearce Hanley Player Sponsor 2014 Brisbane Lions - 2013 Elliot Yeo Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - 2013 Daniel Rich Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2012 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Tom Rockliff 2011 Player Sponsor Brisbane Lions - Brisbane 2010 Player Sponsor
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
GC Suns
Tom Rockliff having his 3rd shoulder reconstruction since finishing with us - a complex bone graft procedure this time round.
I know I was one of the people who really didn't want to see Rocky or Beams go, but far out - the club just got it 100% right in retrospect....

Oct 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars

Ah ok, that makes sense. That’s for clearing that up mate. I thought it would be such a massive effort to have NO junk food at all. Glad to see the boys can indulge in a bit of the sweet stuff and still be professional and ensure they are in top shape.

Oct 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
Here is something even more random.

My Wife’s sister says it is Child abuse to let your kids drink Coke!

I used to drink it by the gallon mate, but since I stopped drinking it, whenever I have it on the rare occasion, it makes my teeth feel like chalk. If it’s soft drink, I go with a Pepsi Max now.

I used to drink it by the gallon mate, but since I stopped drinking it, whenever I have it on the rare occasion, it makes my teeth feel like chalk. If it’s soft drink, I go with a Pepsi Max now.

I used to drink a crap load of Coke as well, stopped drinking it and it was the only thing I did differently, diet wise and lost about 4kgs over about a month.
I didn’t necessarily need to lose any weight but did anyway, just by that 1 change.

Back