Non Lions Discussion 2019

royboys4eva

Premiership Player
Nov 27, 2006
Melbourne - once Darwin.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Be interesting if Rioli was taking something to keep his weight down. He was a big boy when he played in Darwin. Had all the talent he displays now but was way too big for AFL.

Shame to see such a gifted player out fo the game but rules are clear. Eagles can win this week but I can't see them beating Richmond.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I remember a story of back in the day when an NRL player (I think it was Wally Lewis) was asked to supply a post game urine sample (again, not 100% sure but think it was after a state of origin game). He was having troubles passing anything post game so he just poured some beer in the tube.

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
They watch you doing the test so not sure what could have happened.
Jordan Lewis/Robbo just discussing this on AFL360, they both agreed it shouldn't be possible for this to happen even if someone was trying to do this as they watch you "provide the sample" and the player doesn't touch the sample again.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Sounds to me at this stage, that ASADA has stuffed up. The players are supposed to pee into the bottle in front of the ASADA person.....impossible to manipulate if the person was actually there. Maybe they stood outside the toilet, if so then they have a problem not Willie.

Something isn't right somewhere..

Reports indicate that he was caught at the time of him giving the sample so it sounds like the ASADA officers were doing their job.

bungalow_bill

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 11, 2010
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Sounds to me at this stage, that ASADA has stuffed up. The players are supposed to pee into the bottle in front of the ASADA person.....impossible to manipulate if the person was actually there. Maybe they stood outside the toilet, if so then they have a problem not Willie.

It sounds like this is what happened and he was sprung doing something shifty

Brett C

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2014
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Manchester United

ASADA aren’t known for getting these things wrong. Rioli is in a lot of strife.

After bringing in Lever and May how do they have the cap space to now bring in Tomlinson and Elliot?
Have you seen their list?

Also - Hogan out.

Sep 24, 2009
Right here
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Australian International Sides
Dramatic details of West Coast livewire Willie Rioli’s drug test have emerged with reports the small forward may have used an energy drink in a panicked attempt to dupe anti-doping officers.

Headline from The Hun if anyone has access behind the paywall

The fruit punch colour of his sample being the giveaway?

Sep 24, 2009
Right here
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Australian International Sides
It was, Last night on WA's I think ch7 news service.

Yep, also it was in the HS's transcript Vozzo's interview...

Vozzo said.
“The club and staff are really worried about his wellbeing. He is not in a great space and it’s our job to help him as best as we can.”
“The state he is in now, I don’t know if he would be able to play,” said Vozzo.

Mar 5, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Nuggets, Crows
Random comment, but was just looking through YouTube and watched the round 3 post game interview with Andrew Gaff from earlier this year. I noticed in the background that young Petruccelle was holding a can of coke and sipping it down. Nothing against him at all, but just instantly made me think about Hodgey and his feelings about drinking *coke during the season. These little things are the reason why Luke Hodge has been so instrumental in the rise of the Lions. Sets such a great example. He was also our best player on the weekend IMO.

* = Coca-cola (I know people can get confused with the other stuff when discussing the eagles)

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Can you send me next weeks powerball numbers?

Back