Non Lions Discussion 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Aish officially a Docker.

Karma is a bitch Jimmy.

Brisbane - tick
Melbourne - tick
Perth - tick

I hope he stops over at Sydney somehow on a 2 year deal before making his way to Adelaide.

Anyone think that Jenkins is going to be a steal for Geelong? Just got this feeling he’s going to explode and dominate next year.

I don't, he needs a dominant midfield.

They had a great start to the season and part of that was their goal kicking accuracy was up there with the best teams ever (around 60%). The midfield wasn't looking like top 4 material over the last two months of the season. Selwood and Ablett are looking like they're capable of a few great games per year and losing Kelly changes a lot.. Losing Kelly would be similar to us losing Robbo or Mcluggage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone think that Jenkins is going to be a steal for Geelong? Just got this feeling he’s going to explode and dominate next year.

He’ll kick plenty of goals but won’t dominate. That’s never been his style

Reading an article on Shaun Grigg going to the Cats and am, the intellectual property he is taking.He specifically mentioned Craig Mc Rae as preparing his VFL players to step seamlessly into the firsts when needed.
Have we ever tried to get him back to Brisbane?Do people think he would be a great acquisition?

Whilst adding 4 more top 20 draft picks this year including picks 1 and 2 to their existing young core of Bowes, Ainsworth, Ballard, King, Rankine and Lukosius, the Suns will also have the ability to pre select Alex Davies though their academy and Darwin product Joel Jeffrey before next years draft in which they'll likely have another top 2 selection. Come 2021 the Suns are going to be just as flushed with young talent as they were when they first entered the league.

Note Davies and Jeffrey are rated at this early stage as top prospects among next years crop. Having watched Davies play I could see him being a top 10 pick. Jeffrey has huge praise and having just watched some of his highlights as a 16 year old in the NTFL I have to say he has all the tools to be a star(Height, pace and skills). I think the Suns might actually get it right this time. Stuart Dew is going to have a lot of talent to work with.

Whilst adding 4 more top 20 draft picks this year including picks 1 and 2 to their existing young core of Bowes, Ainsworth, Ballard, King, Rankine and Lukosius, the Suns will also have the ability to pre select Alex Davies though their academy and Darwin product Joel Jeffrey before next years draft in which they'll likely have another top 2 selection. Come 2021 the Suns are going to be just as flushed with young talent as they were when they first entered the league.

Note Davies and Jeffrey are rated at this early stage as top prospects among next years crop. Having watched Davies play I could see him being a top 10 pick. Jeffrey has huge praise and having just watched some of his highlights as a 16 year old in the NTFL I have to say he has all the tools to be a star(Height, pace and skills). I think the Suns might actually get it right this time. Stuart Dew is going to have a lot of talent to work with.
True but development could be a big issue with them. Do they hae the coaches to get the best out of them...

They'll get the best from the talent if the talent stays.

Retention has been more of a problem for them than development in my view.
Yep, not much point getting them in the front door if the back door's wide open.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back