Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think the top 8 is now settled. It's going to be a tough final series

Sign of how strange the season is that it feels like there are only 7 finals quality teams this year + Collingwood on their day. Still, with the exception of our yips against Richmond I reckon we can run with any of them, though West Coast in Perth would be a real challenge

Was having a bit of fun replaying Dimma's meltdown on Caddy. But I couldn't help but feel like Rockliff was a bit naughty there, may have given Dusty the Chol treatment. Got the reaction from Martin as expected and got his first 50 as well.

Waiting for Richmond nuffies to go trawl through the footage and find another angle now.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
If Port bring to a final what they showed yesterday against Richmond, they would be very hard to beat.

I know Port have this history of imploding in the second half of a season but there is some real steel and resolve about them this year.

That was one hell of an effort yesterday, especially in the last quarter in the wet, where Richmond have a really good record.

Scoreboard said 21 points but in reality, Port belted them

If Port bring to a final what they showed yesterday against Richmond, they would be very hard to beat.

I know Port have this history of imploding in the second half of a season but there is some real steel and resolve about them this year.

That was one hell of an effort yesterday, especially in the last quarter in the wet, where Richmond have a really good record.

Scoreboard said 21 points but in reality, Port belted them

Zac Butters plays awesome line-breaking footy for his size. I was surprised we managed to keep him quiet against us. Butters, Duursma, Rozee and (early days but even) Georgiades have changed the energy level in a big way.

The other fun element is Port board getting done by Ken Hinkley - I feel like their coach is trolling them constantly. Pages n pages of wanting to sack him and suddenly all stars have aligned, he's looking like a rock star. But they've given in to hating him so much that it's so hard for them to see him succeed now :D.. It's like a "we'll fall apart any minute now, oh we won again.. ermm confused now".. ( I want us to win !!! but Arrrghhh I want Ken to be sacked !!!) :D

West Coast or Saints at the Gabba in a qualifying final sounds ideal.

Saints would be perfect. Think they could be a bit over-awed at the situation and we match up well against them. I'm actually really looking forward to the game two weeks from now against them. Liked watching them this season.

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Port looked amazing yesterday but I'd still far rather meet them than Richmond in a final at this stage.

We generally play well against Port and have an even W-L-D record against them as the Brisbane Lions (18-2-18)

On the other hand, we have a bad habit of being our own worst enemies playing Richmond and have an atrocious record against them (8-1-23) including losing the last 15.

So on that basis I agree with you

We generally play well against Port and have an even W-L-D record against them as the Brisbane Lions (18-2-18)

On the other hand, we have a bad habit of being our own worst enemies playing Richmond and have an atrocious record against them (8-1-23) including losing the last 15.

So on that basis I agree with you

It's a bit paper-rock-scissors with Lions, Port and Richmond, isn't it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back