Non-lions discussion 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

All Australian 2020

Collingwood, Geelong and Western Bulldogs over represented.
Scott Pendlebury again; please.

Sure he is a good bloke and had a good season, but c'mon, its like they just include his name by default.

Good to see Dan Rich has again been recognised for another solid season and hacks like Maynard will get a jacket (I said months ago to watch as this hack will be given an AA jacket and on queue, he's made the squad while Rich misses out). :rolleyes:

Clayton Oliver also named? Really? The guy couldn't hit the side of a barn door. How people like him are named and Jarryd Lyons doesn't make the squad clearly shows that the selectors don't watch all games.

I've also not seen enough of Port, but who on earth is Darcy Bryne-Jones? :huh:

Sure he is a good bloke and had a good season, but c'mon, its like they just include his name by default.

Good to see Dan Rich has again been recognised for another solid season and hacks like Maynard will get a jacket (I said months ago to watch as this hack will be given an AA jacket and on queue, he's made the squad while Rich misses out). :rolleyes:

I've also not seen enough of Port, but who on earth is Darcy :huh: Bryne-Jones?
Caleb Daniel? LOL.

Caleb Daniel? LOL.
On Maynard. If he is getting named, Ryan Lester gets named, surely? Maynard has been no better than Ryan but again the AA selectors have their Big Vic and Darling Vic-club rose-coloured glasses on.

Its just staggering how much of a joke the AA side is thesedays.

There are definitely some perplexing selections. Although I personally don't get all the hype around Darcy Moore. Seems about on par with Liam Jones. Solid B graders but not close to the number 1 tall defenders in the league.

Butters might be the worst AA 40 man selection I've ever seen though. He's not even top 100 in the league, and he's not even top 10 on his own team. Don't get me wrong he looks like a great pickup going forward. Bit jeez his numbers for a HFF are bog average.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RIchy has to make the squad first. I like both players, Rich missed a few games with injury and suspension this year so I’m not shocked he was forgotten.
Agreed but if Rich was in the squad he would demand selection before Daniel in my ( unlearned ) opinion.

Whenever you listen to the commentators at Dogs' games they wax lyrical about Daniel. Hardly hear boo about Richy except when they want to talk about his kicking.

When you listen to the commentators, the Dogs have the greatest list in the history of time. It's amazing they ever lose.

I'm getting tired of everything good Mitch Wallis does getting replayed seventeen times over the course of a game. Fortunately it doesn't happen all that often.

Clayton Oliver also named? Really? The guy couldn't hit the side of a barn door. How people like him are named and Jarryd Lyons doesn't make the squad clearly shows that the selectors don't watch all games.

I've also not seen enough of Port, but who on earth is Darcy Bryne-Jones? :huh:
Byrne-Jones is a Ross Thornton type.

When you listen to the commentators, the Dogs have the greatest list in the history of time. It's amazing they ever lose.

I'm getting tired of everything good Mitch Wallis does getting replayed seventeen times over the course of a game. Fortunately it doesn't happen all that often.

The funniest one is English, gets talked up as the next gun ruck yet regularly gets pantsed out if the middle.

I think they scare me the least of all the finals teams. They’re probably better than the pies I guess.

Absolutely shattered about the news regarding the passing of Dean Jones. One of my all time faves and was before his time in One Day Cricket. Superb player to watch. RIP Deano.
I see Deano went for a run before the heart attack so obviously shock news today, but doing it his way until the end.

Great player, years ahead of his time and great bloke too. RIP Deano.

Absolutely shattered about the news regarding the passing of Dean Jones. One of my all time faves and was before his time in One Day Cricket. Superb player to watch. RIP Deano.

One of my fondest cricket memories as a young lad was his 145 vs England Innings in the one dayer at the Gabba. He was so cool, he made me want to buy a county bat :) Vale.

Come home from school, turn on the cricket, and hope Dean was yet to bat...

That 210 Deano got in Madras is close to greatest innings by an Australian in Test Cricket. I grew up in Darwin and thought it couldn't get any more humid until I went to Madras where it was unbearable. My mate and I walked to the ground he got that double hundred just to see the ground even though there was no game on. My shirt was saturated so you can imagine what out must have been like in the middle of the ground.

I do wonder if the stress his body went through in that heat had longer term affects. He is quoted as saying that his body goes into semi shock on extreme hot days.

RIP Legend - Australia's Greatest One Day Batsman.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back