Non-lions discussion 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember as a kid walking past trashmore primary school and wondering why people would cut up a perfectly good hose and plug it into an ice break bottle. Weird way to drink iced coffee.

I thought you were from Ashmore Nunez. I know you try to call it Benowa, but we both know they're the same thing.

I thought you were from Ashmore Nunez. I know you try to call it Benowa, but we both know they're the same thing.

Mate Benowa represent. Went to school at Guardian Angels but saw the light and requested a trade to Benowa and never looked back. Top notch career move.

Bigger salary cap?:think:

Not quite. GA is a private Catholic school so had plenty of cash to splash, but I loved the grass roots approach of Benowa. Sorta like Collingwood v Brisbane.

Seriously though, I just hated the rigid Catholic system lol.

I couldn’t find (didn’t look very hard I admit) a 2020 trade thread, so I’ll post here.

Would we still have room for Zac Williams on our list?
If he has already turned down GWS rather than delay he would be off somewhere already, it could be us but there would be others with competitive offers and I don't think we'd get in to a bid war like we avoided with Elliott. I think we have to spend our bucks on securing our elite youth and back in ah Chee and our current talent across HB

So has anyone heard anything about the line ups for the state of origin game? Given its scheduled for later this month I would have expected an announcement by now but I haven't seen hide not hair

If he has already turned down GWS rather than delay he would be off somewhere already, it could be us but there would be others with competitive offers and I don't think we'd get in to a bid war like we avoided with Elliott. I think we have to spend our bucks on securing our elite youth and back in ah Chee and our current talent across HB

I’d be playing him in the midfield not the back half.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is Essendons season falling apart before it’s even started?

I’m tempted to call it now, they finish bottom 2.

Fantasia wants out & refused a leadership role (that was the gist of it I think), Daniher wants out, McKenna has gone home. Could be coincidence, but where there's smoke.

Edit. And if they do finish bottom 2, they will finish 17th. We all know Port are finishing 18th next year ;)

Fantasia wants out & refused a leadership role (that was the gist of it I think), Daniher wants out, McKenna has gone home. Could be coincidence, but where there's smoke.

Edit. And if they do finish bottom 2, they will finish 17th. We all know Port are finishing 18th next year ;)
Pick 2 to Port for Ollie Wines.

Is Essendons season falling apart before it’s even started?

I’m tempted to call it now, they finish bottom 2.

Essendon are definitely the worst affected but it feels like a pretty substantial number of teams are already getting injury issues this year. Off the top of my head and without checking I think the dons, Port, Gold Coast, the swans, the roos, Geelong, Carlton and Melbourne (naturally) have had injuries to multiple best 22 players that originated during the preseason. That's more than a third of the league. It really does feel like it's more than the norm this year, though maybe I'm just paying more attention

Essendon are definitely the worst affected but it feels like a pretty substantial number of teams are already getting injury issues this year. Off the top of my head and without checking I think the dons, Port, Gold Coast, the swans, the roos, Geelong, Carlton and Melbourne (naturally) have had injuries to multiple best 22 players that originated during the preseason. That's more than a third of the league. It really does feel like it's more than the norm this year, though maybe I'm just paying more attention
It’s not just the injuries with Essendon though.

It’s the coaching handover.

It’s the Daniher saga.

It’s building Fantasia saga.

Now McKenna flies home due to home sickness.

They still haven’t addressed their lack of inside mids.

It’s not just the injuries with Essendon though.

It’s the coaching handover.

It’s the Daniher saga.

It’s building Fantasia saga.

Now McKenna flies home due to home sickness.

They still haven’t addressed their lack of inside mids.
On the flip side, their leadership group is a thousand times better than last year.

The Club need to find extra money from budget to ensure we keep our medical and conditioning staff.
Other Clubs will surely come calling with good offers if we have another good year in the injuries department.
Should now be a priority the same as player retention.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back