Non-lions discussion 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Suns player who played on in the square should be delisted on the spot. Holman I think...

And yeah, does Cox realise how ******* mediocre he is? He seems to genuinely be under the misapprehension that he is relevant in this league.

Remember when he shhhd the gabba a couple of weeks ago after getting his first goal? From memory it put the pies down 18, really shut us up.... he's the kind of player I'd actually be embarrassed to have on a team i support, but given that pies fans chant 'usa' of their own free will im thinking being embarrassed is totally fine for them

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Suns look so exhausted out there. I'm actually impressed theyve held on as well as they have, so many of their players look dead on their feet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So when you go to join the afl as an umpire do they actually check whether you've umpired before or is the whole interview just checking how loudly you can say free kick collingwood

FLVanLandingham

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
nah that 50m is there, in him holding the player from getting back the handball he prevented him from taking part in the play. I actually like that, though tbh it isn't paid nearly enough (and is so subjective with sheparding and bumps off the ball...)

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
20200914_212919.jpg

I for one am shocked, just shocked that the umpiring may have favoured collingwood

Maroon Monsoon

All Australian
Oct 1, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Now Huddo ecstactic about "Collingwood having the stars to make an impression in the finals!!!!!!"

Struggled to beat a Suns side that we pantsed AND with some very generous umpiring.

I don't think so Huddo

I've gotta say the just complete scale tipping towards Collingwood and Richmond from the media, the umpires, and the afl itself as an organisation is one of the reasons I've found myself not enjoying the afl as much this season.

At this point id say I'm a lions fan rather than an afl fan. I'm ashamed to admit it but I actually think the NRL is putting out a more enjoyable product that doesnt feel like a rigged contest. I never would have thought I'd say that

Remember when he shhhd the gabba a couple of weeks ago after getting his first goal? From memory it put the pies down 18, really shut us up.... he's the kind of player I'd actually be embarrassed to have on a team i support, but given that pies fans chant 'usa' of their own free will im thinking being embarrassed is totally fine for them
It is so on-point that they specifically would typify cultural cringe.

Suns player who played on in the square should be delisted on the spot. Holman I think...

And yeah, does Cox realise how ******* mediocre he is? He seems to genuinely be under the misapprehension that he is relevant in this league.

The Collingwood fans love him, which says it all really.

Tonight when he actually got a possession there were USA chants. Ugh. he seemed to like it, but it was cringeworthy. I mean, chanting for a different country in a quintessential Australian game. Weird.

man.. to be a Suns fan is to self inflict pain.. This must be torture

They still have time though and plenty of opportunities.

The missed shot from the play on 1m out destroyed a few suns fans around us. Poor bastards. Made cam’s look a teeny bit better - he was well over double that distance out.

I've gotta say the just complete scale tipping towards Collingwood and Richmond from the media, the umpires, and the afl itself as an organisation is one of the reasons I've found myself not enjoying the afl as much this season.

At this point id say I'm a lions fan rather than an afl fan. I'm ashamed to admit it but I actually think the NRL is putting out a more enjoyable product that doesnt feel like a rigged contest. I never would have thought I'd say that

Agree. I turned last night's game off early in the last quarter due to poor umpiring and grating commentating, while last Friday I mostly watched the NRL over the "blockbuster" Richmond and Geelong game. I watch most games, especially Channel 7 ones, on mute.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back