Non-Lions discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone can lose to anyone on a given day in AFL.

If I was a Melbourne supporter I'd be more than happy with their first half of the year.
I'm not saying they shouldn't be proud. I'm saying they're not the best team in the competition. Geelong, Richmond and we are. Even the commentators were talking about how Melbourne is missing something for their flag tilt. What they have done is amazing, but they don't have enough experience to worry me at all.

They’re the form team (at least they were 5hrs ago)
But they lost 2 of their last 4 and should have lost to us before we somehow ran out for legs. Again, I'm not saying they're bad. They're a good team, but I think we're better.

I’d rank the favourites

1. Melbourne
2. Richmond
3. Geelong
4. Bulldogs
5. Lions
6. West Coast
I think that's about right. I reckon we can beat the Dogs. Everyone's got a little knock on Geelong because of the age factor and I think with the experience we've had against them we could knock them off as well. But they're still good.

Any of those 6 teams can potentially win it. If WC get McGovern back they're not out of it ,obviously on their day.

I reckon it's the most even line up of potential winners for a few years.

I think that's about right. I reckon we can beat the Dogs. Everyone's got a little knock on Geelong because of the age factor and I think with the experience we've had against them we could knock them off as well. But they're still good.

Any of those 6 teams can potentially win it. If WC get McGovern back they're not out of it ,obviously on their day.

I reckon it's the most even line up of potential winners for a few years.

West Coast with their home ground advantage (and home ground umpiring) make them hard to rule out as well.

I think the cats the team to watch.
Hard to rule out the Tigers although seems a lot of cracks opening. The standing on the mark rule hurt them the most
Demons have the cattle although not sure end of year or Dogs.
My mates think the Lions are a chance although we had problems against the Tigers, Cats, Dogs and Demons last week.
Eagles I say the smokey if they get players back who knows, Yeo made a difference the other night.
Honestly any of the 6 can win it.
I think the Cats my bet at the moment

But they lost 2 of their last 4 and should have lost to us before we somehow ran out for legs. Again, I'm not saying they're bad. They're a good team, but I think we're better.
There are no “gimme’s” in sport.

We didn’t have a right to beat Melbourne.

There are commentators tonight, saying the main reason Melbourne lost today, is because they showed up and expected to win and that they thought it would just happen for them.

Very much like our first game of the season against Sydney.

I watched the first half last week and thought we were going to hard. It was great to watch, but I wondered if we could keep it up all game or would we run out of legs.

We “somehow ran out of legs” because we used to much energy in the first half.

Melbourne adjusted, changed their game style and beat us. Convincingly.

We beat them by 20 points in the first half.

They beat us by 40 points in the second half.

I genuinely rate Melbourne ahead of Richmond at the moment, because Richmond hasn’t played anywhere near as well as Melbourne has this year.

We’ll see if that changes in the second half of the season, especially as Richmond get most of their players back from Injury.

At least Melbourne dropping a game opens the door for a potential top 2 finish, assuming either they or the Bulldogs drop a couple after the bye and we continue to chalk up wins & percentage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d rank the favourites

1. Melbourne
2. Richmond
3. Geelong
4. Bulldogs
5. Lions
6. West Coast
Would be extremely hard for Richmond if they had to face us in Qld or even the Eagles away first up.

I think that significantly affects their chance of winning. I would have them a firm 6th best.

Erm, like we did going from 13th to 2nd.

Melbourne haven’t come out of nowhere.

They genuinely have a very good best 22. It’s been their coaching and consistency that’s let them down in the past.

Their wins this year against other top 8 teams have looked good. They dismantled us in the second half of our match.

They just drop the ball against a couple of bottom clubs.
They have also had that experience of going close in 2018 before dropping away. And if you look at what happened to them in 2019 they had a heap of off-season injuries right when the rule changes came through (6-6-6) which screwed their style potentially the most. They used to do some very different things with their inside strength and how they played the corridor.
Then most people can understand how 2020 stuffed a lot of teams
So its no surprise to see them rebound now into one of the real contenders. They have the talent and have had the "let-down". Now its time to see if they can turn that disappointment into motivation

Would be extremely hard for Richmond if they had to face us in Qld or even the Eagles away first up.

I think that significantly affects their chance of winning. I would have them a firm 6th best.
did ok last year and against Port for PF
I do think they starting to decline although had a few injuries..

I always wonder what if he stayed at the Lions. Imagine the mid field of Voss Akermanis Black Lappin Power & Buckley
Lets just be thankful that we did trade him and got a Scott, which allowed us to get the other Scott, and help build an incredible backline (to go with an already elite midlfield even without Buckley)

Lets just be thankful that we did trade him and got a Scott, which allowed us to get the other Scott, and help build an incredible backline (to go with an already elite midlfield even without Buckley)
Plus no Craig Starcevich, one of the most important figures in the club in the last 20 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back