Non-Lions discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boomer has been a naughty boy.

It always surprises me how people conduct themselves over the internet or via message with strangers using their real name. lol Boomer.

Will the finals bye be dead next year? I don't know a single person that likes it, it's been proven to hamper teams continuity and there's been plenty of editorials and columns outlining how it sucks. I understand this year it made everything in easier in regards to quarantine and not moving a public holiday but I don't want to ever see it again.

Will the finals bye be dead next year? I don't know a single person that likes it, it's been proven to hamper teams continuity and there's been plenty of editorials and columns outlining how it sucks. I understand this year it made everything in easier in regards to quarantine and not moving a public holiday but I don't want to ever see it again.
The players and Aflpa have long fought for 2 byes during the season.
So I can’t see them going back to one.
But I am an advocate for 1 bye during rounds 8-10 and another between rounds 18-20 and scrap the finals or pre finals bye.

But I am an advocate for 1 bye during rounds 8-10 and another between rounds 18-20 and scrap the finals or pre finals bye.

Yep, at least with that system, we still have footy to watch. The pre finals bye was a knee jerk reaction to freo resting half their team in a dead rubber match before the finals.

Spoiler alert: they didn't win the flag so was all for naught.

Was the over reaction by the afl due to pressure from betting companies? Seems like such an over reaction for what is a pretty rare event. Generally most teams have something to play for in the final round due to positions within the 8 etc.

If you finish top 4 you deserve to get the advantage of the extra freshen up.

Sam Edmund reporting Robbie Tarrant has agreed to join Richmond even though North upped their offer to 2 years

This. Worth far more than a like. If there is a reason the AFL must have a finals bye instead of this, please tell us , Gill.

A report on Foxsports saying that the Carlton Senior Coach role has been whittled down to 2 choices... Michael Voss or Adam Kingsley.

If Vossy gets it this will be his final crack to nail down a career as a senior coach, 2 fails and it's a never again scenario.

A report on Foxsports saying that the Carlton Senior Coach role has been whittled down to 2 choices... Michael Voss or Adam Kingsley.

If Vossy gets it this will be his final crack to nail down a career as a senior coach, 2 fails and it's a never again scenario.

I can't say who will be the better coach but after missing out on Clarkson and Lyon with Fages telling you to gagf you pretty much need a name and Kingsley is not that. Maybe he's the best choice though, really hard to gauge with assistant coaches from just a watcher.

I wonder if Kingsley losing Pies job might work against him now.

Carlton like the "big name, big personality" aspect a lot so I think Vossy will appeal to them on many fronts.

I wonder if Kingsley losing Pies job might work against him now.

Carlton like the "big name, big personality" aspect a lot so I think Vossy will appeal to them on many fronts.
Jeez, I hope Vossy gets another chance. He would be so much better second time round and very experienced at handling a dysfunctional Board and President from his time at the Lions. Angarse was something special!

This. Worth far more than a like. If there is a reason the AFL must have a finals bye instead of this, please tell us , Gill.
The reason that the pre-finals bye came about was that the AFL didn't like the look of teams resting players in the last round coming into finals (Ross Lyon used that tactic a lot). Knowing the AFL, I assume the betting company sponsors probably lobbied for it as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reason that the pre-finals bye came about was that the AFL didn't like the look of teams resting players in the last round coming into finals (Ross Lyon used that tactic a lot). Knowing the AFL, I assume the betting company sponsors probably lobbied for it as well.

Talk about a miser. I'd hold a grudge but two of the best games I've ever seen involved his Saints team so I'll let it go.

It's interesting that resting your players is now seen as the preferred option in the NRL. Also, the week off before the preliminary final is also considered an advantage.

Well aware of this, but if all teams get a bye in the last 4-5 rounds, what benefit is the Lyons approach?

Is Carlton a totally poisoned chalice? If so I would rather Kingsly rather than see Voss thrown under a second bus... then again if he still has his hat in the ring I guess we have to assume he knows more about the situation and either thinks he can handle it or it's now or never?

If there were to be a second bye for all teams between rounds 18-20 would there really be any advantage in resting mass players before the finals?

Well aware of this, but if all teams get a bye in the last 4-5 rounds, what benefit is the Lyons approach?
Still imagine there would be teams who'd rest players with niggles the week before finals, even with a recent bye although there might not be quite as many. But I agree, that approach would be better than what happens currently.

Didn't know where to post this but next year do you finally get that awful Neds logo off our jumper/gear? Thought that sponsorship deal was meant to end after this year.

For those interested Sam Skinner is having an unreal game for South Adelaide in the semi final. 20 touches and 9 contested marks playing as a key defender halfway through the last quarter. Is a couple years past his knee injuries and still young enough to be worth a flyer by someone, hopefully gets another go.

For those interested Sam Skinner is having an unreal game for South Adelaide in the semi final. 20 touches and 9 contested marks playing as a key defender halfway through the last quarter. Is a couple years past his knee injuries and still young enough to be worth a flyer by someone, hopefully gets another go.
One of the more notable phantom drafters and ESPN pundit Knightmare has Sam Skinner at 32 in his latest power rankings and has been talking him up for most of the season.

One of the more notable phantom drafters and ESPN pundit Knightmare has Sam Skinner at 32 in his latest power rankings and has been talking him up for most of the season.
Yeah I've seen a bit of talk about him, certainly worth another go at the right club.

Well coached side, South Adelaide which reminds me WHERE IS JARRAD BOOFA WRIGHT'S ROSTER WATCH THREAD?

10 contested marks. Beast. He can kick a number of key defenders out of their spots in AFL best-22s.

There shouldn't be a scout in the country who could have missed Skinner when Horne-Francis, Roberts and for a couple of games there Draper have all played on that same team.

Other than just not holding mature agers in suitable regard, I see no reason why Skinner shouldn't be on all draft boards. He's for me at least a high conviction recruit I'd bring into my team in a hurry. He's looking sensational in defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back