Non-Lions discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dion Prestia and Noah Balta have both tested positive to Covid

Any idea what happens during the season when we have 10+ players getting covid a week ?

Doubt that will happen looking at the examples of other sporting leagues.

The NFL has over 2000 players in a country where COVID is much more prevalent and no vaccine mandate so many prominent players are not vaccinated.

In any given week there's less than 10 players out due to COVID exposure, and most of those are unvaccinated.

NBA has a lot fewer players so I'm not counting them for comparison purposes, but I haven't heard of any massive outbreaks in the NHL or MLB either.

Doubt that will happen looking at the examples of other sporting leagues.

The NFL has over 2000 players in a country where COVID is much more prevalent and no vaccine mandate so many prominent players are not vaccinated.

In any given week there's less than 10 players out due to COVID exposure, and most of those are unvaccinated.

NBA has a lot fewer players so I'm not counting them for comparison purposes, but I haven't heard of any massive outbreaks in the NHL or MLB either.
NFL reportedly has 95% players vaccinated. I believe the NBA is around the same mark. I think the vaccine mandates in New York and (I think) California probably have helped that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So only infected players will sit out, not players who have been in contact with them who have tested negative ?
A bit from the article but nothing finalised
Hopefully something in place before AFLW starts

AFL general manager of football Brad Scott wants to see COVID cases at clubs normalised like any other injuries moving forward.

"Struck down" is a tad over dramatic IMO, highly likely they are all asymptomatic as all 10 are vaccinated, the infatuation with cases stumps me.
all media over dramatise everything these days, it's just the way of the world unfortunately

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back