patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Heat, Wigan Athletic
Jack Redden has to be in his thirties by now, or close to it. How does he still look like he should be in school?! I still miss him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Jack Redden has to be in his thirties by now, or close to it. How does he still look like he should be in school?! I still miss him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know that he plays any better for the Eagles than he did for us.

He's a good honest foot soldier in a really good team now wheres there was more expectation on him playing for years in what were pretty poor Lions teams.

Anyway, it was a really good career move so good luck to him.

Lion_LegacyXL

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not Tipping Dixon to kick anything again
20210403_232224.jpg

Jan 13, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I wouldn't give up on North . Noble will work it out. They look really bad at the minute but they've got some good young players coming through.

People jump to conclusions very early in the season off the back of poor performances in a period of adjustment. They're nowhere near as hopeless as they look today.

I'm glad the Dogs are getting a walk in the park at least. We'll hit them with everything next week.
Yep. Back to reality next week for the puppies

Jan 13, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Big game next week for Richmond. Playing Port at Adelaide Oval.

You know you don't want to lose two in a row. Season over.....

Only 1% of sides that have been 2 and 2 and lost the fourth game of the season at the Adelaide oval have gone on to finish top two.
2 teams coming off bad losses. Will be a game worth tuning into. Will see if flat tracker Port can turn their season around ;)

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
I wanted Sam Walsh as much as anyone but I really wonder if he will ever fix his kicking under pressure. It’s real bad.

patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
If Freo don't do something the Blues are going to run away with this (provided they can actually kick straight).

Probably needs it own thread but it really feels like we’re watching a completely different game this year. I know it’s only a few rounds but just looks like teams that were average have completely transformed over an off season and then teams like us and Tigers who liked to lock the ball in forward 50 have to find a new way to win.

Good kicking efficiency and shortkicking seems to be working really well which leaves us with our zone defence not as effective.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
So we could be equal 9th at the end of this round and possibly jump into the 8 if we beat the Bulldogs. Doesn't seem all doom and gloom

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Probably needs it own thread but it really feels like we’re watching a completely different game this year. I know it’s only a few rounds but just looks like teams that were average have completely transformed over an off season and then teams like us and Tigers who liked to lock the ball in forward 50 have to find a new way to win.

Good kicking efficiency and shortkicking seems to be working really well which leaves us with our zone defence not as effective.
I think the man standing further back from the kick ins is having an effect on teams trying to lock the ball in the forward 50, also less interchanges means fatigue comes into it.

I hope this style of play continues, loving the look of the game this year, still has the hard at it contested situations but not the bloody rolling rugby type mauls we have seen over the last few seasons, more one on one marking contests as well, looks like the AFL have finally got some rule changes right.

X AE A12

universalmagnetic
Jun 13, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I think the set shot kicking has gotten so bad because of around the corner predisposition they need to paint a big fat cheese wedge in front of goals and say drop punt only.

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
I think the set shot kicking has gotten so bad because of around the corner predisposition they need to paint a big fat cheese wedge in front of goals and say drop punt only.

The obsession with drop punts is bordering on “In my day we...” boomer ranting.

There seems to be some scientific logic to the around-the-corner. The increased surface area side-length of the boot would decrease the chance of a miskick compared to a drop punt.

It’s just on players to develop both skills.

X AE A12

universalmagnetic
Jun 13, 2020
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The obsession with drop punts is bordering on “In my day we...” boomer ranting.

There seems to be some scientific logic to the around-the-corner. The increased surface area side-length of the boot would decrease the chance of a miskick compared to a drop punt.

It’s just on players to develop both skills.
Ok

patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
I mean, it's nice to see a few high scores, but the number of absolute floggings this round has been a bit lopsided. Fingers crossed it doesn't become a trend throughout the season, because overall close games are much more entertaining

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
Reported on foxsports.com today that at least 3 clubs are willing to offer Oscar Allen approximately $850,000 a season :eek:. briztoon ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back