luthor

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
I just saw on Fish's twitter that because of injuries, they will have to go to their fifth string ruck choice. That is not ideal.

I like Wittsy, really good pickup for the suns.

I'm a fan (of Witts)

He's a bloody good player and I'm really sorry to see him go down with the accursed ACL.:sadv1:

Milux

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2013
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
H

Horrible news but on the bright side.............Ben Keays has popped up 2 weeks in a row in the coaches votes.
In a side that's performing well too. So that's gotta say something. Keays is a good competitor. Just always seemed to lack impact whether it was his running or lack of scoreboard impact.

Lazza16

The Lions....AFL's new powerhouse
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
In a side that's performing well too. So that's gotta say something. Keays is a good competitor. Just always seemed to lack impact whether it was his running or lack of scoreboard impact.
He never got a decent run here.
Perhaps needed that continuity to build his self belief n confidence. I haven’t seen him play at Crows. He lacked a bit of polish with us but could never question his desire to play a team game.I wish him well.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I've tipped the Suns to beat Carlton in my footy tipping this week. Thinking about switching back now with the state of their ruck & other injuries.

Any thoughts people?

Freo are pathetic when on the road, and as much as Carlton haven't stunk it up too bad in their games prior, I've liked the look of the suns in most games.

Feeling conflicted.

Tom14

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I've tipped the Suns to beat Carlton in my footy tipping this week. Thinking about switching back now with the state of their ruck & other injuries.

Any thoughts people?

Freo are pathetic when on the road, and as much as Carlton haven't stunk it up too bad in their games prior, I've liked the look of the suns in most games.

Feeling conflicted.
I'd pick Carlton but not with any confidence.

BuntonRules

long term substance abuser
Dec 30, 2008
in front of the telly
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Whitsunday SeaEagles
Not sure I'd ever be saying this but some actual great video tape analysis by King on FF about how Sydney opened up Richmond.
I had him as average, at best, but on First Crack last year he consistently said intelligent/meaningful things that I now appreciate his input.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

luthor

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Pretty scrappy match in many ways.

Bombers doing what we didn't do against Sydney........pressuring the Swans backline and creating opportunities through their errors

Sydney doing what they didn't do against us......missing set shots

FLVanLandingham

Club Legend
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
honestly I feel that goal could have been smothered. he just stood there with his hands on his hip :eek: I know its 3m out directly in front.. but wow

patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Heat, Wigan Athletic
Either way a train is getting derailed tonight and we're gonna need gifs. Which train is getting derailed? Find out!

Although if it's a draw does it count as a head-on smash?

Cubs2Lions

Team Captain
Jan 12, 2021
Adelaide
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
South Adelaide
Either way a train is getting derailed tonight and we're gonna need gifs. Which train is getting derailed? Find out!

Although if it's a draw does it count as a head-on smash?
I think Sydney is still probably going to win tonight ngl, but it's going to be a lot closer then most predicted IMO.

Even though it's early days, one thing I will say that either it's the rules or the talent pool/competition itself, but any team can beat anyone these days no matter what position on the ladder they are if they have the right mindset/tactics to kick a winning score (besides North Melbourne ofc ;))

Remove this Banner Ad