Non-Lions discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Harbrow handball is a candidate for the worst ever. Found the Bont amongst 5 suns players

Maybe one season too long for Jarrod. Been a great servannt of the game, and a legend of the suns. The Cairns boy has done himself proud.

Idk how Aish has managed to stay in the seniors at three clubs as regularly as he has. What does he actually do on the field other than fill a spot in the zone?

Idk how Aish has managed to stay in the seniors at three clubs as regularly as he has. What does he actually do on the field other than fill a spot in the zone?

Eh hes going alright at the moment.

Hes majorly channeling the Travis Johnstone look too...

I feel like the second you made this post Aish started playing really good footy.

On another note, Keays is looking good.

Keays is becoming a gun.

Much as it will hurt everyone who still think he's not much good.
I liked Ben at the Lions but had no problem with us moving him on, I still don't think he'd get a run in our senior side in the same role he's playing at the Crows though, we'd still have too many in front of him, our midfield a lot harder to break into than the Crows.

IMO a classic win win win situation for us the Crows and most importantly Ben Keays.

I liked Ben at the Lions but had no problem with us moving him on, I still don't think he'd get a run in our senior side in the same role he's playing at the Crows though, we'd still have too many in front of him, our midfield a lot harder to break into than the Crows.

IMO a classic win win win situation for us the Crows and most importantly Ben Keays.

Could maybe be best 22 as midfield depth. Not sure how he fits with Neale, Lyons, Zorko, McCluggage, Robinson, Bailey and Berry and then Dev and ESmith developing.

He’d get a game but we need to give opportunities to develop, Bailey, Berry, Rayner and Dev

Keays is becoming a gun.

Much as it will hurt everyone who still think he's not much good.

He might be good for a homecoming in a few years after Adelaide develop him into a star.

He might be good for a homecoming in a few years after Adelaide develop him into a star.
I think people are judging him on where we had him pidgeonholed. He's better than how he looked.

He's still young and improving , though at the time there appeared to be many ahead of him.

Fwiiw some reasonable judges at the Crows absolutely love him.

Happy for him but it’s hardly the sort of list management decision to keep you up at night.

Good teams generally lose fringe players who go on to find their level in another team.

We have benefited from the same phenomenon. In fact, Jarryd Lyons on probably playing the same role for us that Keays is playing for the Crows.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy for him but it’s hardly the sort of list management decision to keep you up at night.

Good teams generally lose fringe players who go on to find their level in another team.

We have benefited from the same phenomenon. In fact, Jarryd Lyons on probably playing the same role for us that Keays is playing for the Crows.
I was of the same mind but watching him the last couple of weeks a bit staggered at how good he's becoming. He's growing in confidence every week.

Our decision is completely understandable but locking him up for 3 years on wages would've been a genius move .

But great for Ben because he worked really hard at the Lions to do everything he was asked and is now a vital player in another team . Just wish we had asked him something different.

I was of the same mind but watching him the last couple of weeks a bit staggered at how good he's becoming. He's growing in confidence every week.

Our decision is completely understandable but locking him up for 3 years on wages would've been a genius move .

But great for Ben because he worked really hard at the Lions to do everything he was asked and is now a vital player in another team . Just wish we had asked him something different.

I think he got a central role in the midfield to go in-and-under packs to feed it out. He's naturally 110% effort-wise which is what their midfield needed in the last year or two. Now that the group is maturing Keays is stepping up to the next level too. I don't think he would've ever become that player with us - would be stuck in NEAFL like Mathieson is right now.

Put Beastmode in that Adelaide or North midfield and it will look like another genius move. Expecting Noble to come knocking for Matho at the end of this year.

I think he got a central role in the midfield to go in-and-under packs to feed it out. He's naturally 110% effort-wise which is what their midfield needed in the last year or two. Now that the group is maturing Keays is stepping up to the next level too. I don't think he would've ever become that player with us - would be stuck in NEAFL like Mathieson is right now.

Put Beastmode in that Adelaide or North midfield and it will look like another genius move. Expecting Noble to come knocking for Matho at the end of this year.
Everyone keeps saying that but I don't think they're onto what he now is. Runs both ways, gets it deep in defence, creates opportunities in the forward line . Extremely skilful inside.

I don't think Matho's anywhere near him imho though Matho would be getting a game with some teams.

Everyone keeps saying that but I don't think they're onto what he now is. Runs both ways, gets it deep in defence, creates opportunities in the forward line . Extremely skilful inside.

I don't think Matho's anywhere near him imho though Matho would be getting a game with some teams.

Agreed, but the catch would be the consistent run he's received in AFL level through Adelaide midfield to become that player he is today. Not sure if he would've ever got that exposure with us to evolve into his current version.

Put Beastmode in that Essendon midfield and it will look like another genius move. Expecting Dodoro to come knocking for Matho at the end of this year.
FTFY.

Agreed, but the catch would be the consistent run he's received in AFL level through Adelaide midfield to become that player he is today. Not sure if he would've ever got that exposure with us to evolve into his current version.
Which brings me to an interesting point.

All this talk about the game changing and you have to have athletic runners could possibly be a lot of current thinking mumbo jumbo.

We tried to make Keays a forward because we thought we had more athletic likely types coming up in the M/F . Keays proves there's a significant role for pure footballers , see ball ,get ball , dish it off effectively.

Which brings me to an interesting point.

All this talk about the game changing and you have to have athletic runners could possibly be a lot of current thinking mumbo jumbo.

We tried to make Keays a forward because we thought we had more athletic likely types coming up in the M/F . Keays proves there's a significant role for pure footballers , see ball ,get ball , dish it off effectively.

Could never fault his effort, but he wasn't an overly clean player, and his skills weren't fantastic. He has been great at the crows, but he is playing a fairly simple role that he is more than suited for. He is the type of player that you would be hoping gets pushed out of your best 22 in 3-4 years with more talented players coming through. Perfect fit for the Crows for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back