Non-Lions discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 ways this could be reported... Gutsy win from the dogs to hang in and come from behind, sign of a premiership team... Average performance against a bottom 6 team... Same game.
Bulldogs & Dees didn't look impressive, expect both of them to begin to slide down the ladder before the bye.

Bulldogs & Dees didn't look impressive, expect both of them to begin to slide down the ladder before the bye.
Curious if you looked at the next few rounds before saying this?

Bulldogs possibly as they’ve got a difficult run in the next 4, but Melbourne unlikely.

Melbourne are 3 games ahead of the pack, with 4 games until the bye, and play Carlton and Adelaide, before playing the Bulldogs and Us.

Two wins should keep them top 2 at the bye.

Curious if you looked at the next few rounds before saying this?

Bulldogs possibly as they’ve got a difficult run in the next 4, but Melbourne unlikely.

Melbourne are 3 games ahead of the pack, with 4 games until the bye, and play Carlton and Adelaide, before playing the Bulldogs and Us.

Two wins should keep them top 2 at the bye.
Both could potentially lose to Carlton & Port next week and they play each other in round 11. They might have a 2-3 game cushion over the teams below them. What I meant was the cracks are showing. They might not fall down the ladder before the bye but it will likely start there.

Both could potentially lose to Carlton & Port next week and they play each other in round 11. They might have a 2-3 game cushion over the teams below them. What I meant was the cracks are showing. They might not fall down the ladder before the bye but it will likely start there.
I’m not sure if Melbourne will fall down the ladder.

They’re not playing their best, but they have the talent to stay at the top if they keep building.

They’re not playing their best, but they have the talent to stay at the top if they keep building.
True but they haven't been entirely convincing either, they've arguably been very fortunate to run into sides that are either out of form or undermanned and they've barely had to travel up until this point of the season. Wouldn't be surprised if they dropped a few games that people expect them to win on paper.

I'm not sure they won't fall down the ladder.

I guess everyone sees it different.

I see it as a soft draw early in the season, they smacked Richmond in their GF (how good or bad are Richmond btw? Does anyone know yet?). The team which is comfortably last right now put them to the sword in a half of football before falling away due to lack of fitness, and this week a team which also will probably fall away the longer the season goes on took them right to the line away from home.

Time will tell.

Still plenty of time left in the season for Melbourne to 'do a Melbourne'.

I've seen Melbourne live twice and didn't come away super impressed, but part of that is a function of their team strengths - contested ball dominance and a strong defence. It makes them kind of boring if Pickett is quiet, but it is very effective.

They have Carlton next week and the Blues have actually been pretty good for the most part this season.

Melbourne pretty much squeaked in against Sydney and took 3+ quarters to dispose of North after looking in trouble at various stages of that match,

I have a feeling that a desperate Blues outfit just might burst their bubble

They have Carlton next week and the Blues have actually been pretty good for the most part this season.

Melbourne pretty much squeaked in against Sydney and took 3+ quarters to dispose of North after looking in trouble at various stages of that match,

I have a feeling that a desperate Blues outfit just might burst their bubble
Melbourne could lose at any time of course but they have a very balanced list with a few standout players and I think they'll be up there at the end of the year.

I guess everyone sees it different.

I see it as a soft draw early in the season, they smacked Richmond in their GF (how good or bad are Richmond btw? Does anyone know yet?). The team which is comfortably last right now put them to the sword in a half of football before falling away due to lack of fitness, and this week a team which also will probably fall away the longer the season goes on took them right to the line away from home.

Time will tell.

Melbourne have a soft draw all season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Been some sizeable injuries this round: Howe, Bolton, Stephenson, Edwards, Caldwell, Stringer

Willie Rioli caught with drugs. Undoubtedly will continue to play the victim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back