Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Caption this.

A14E7536-3195-4E4F-8ACE-D766AE98D013.jpeg

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Sure, but Patton is only reaping what he sewed and literally now has to sleep in the bed he made for himself and insert any other one liner.

I resonate with mental illness because we've all suffered from time to time but Hawthorn knew all about this for ages.

Football clubs allow most of their problems to fester until they become public, most of which never become public.

But there's more to come in this instance.

The Collingwood internal review on racism is out, apparently the board received the report days before Eddy’s announced year long resignation. And yes, it identified problems.

So glad our club has been actively addressing this for the past handful of years (should never have been an issue, but better late than never) and now have structures in place. I expect we will continue to attract indigenous players due to our culture. It’s a win win situation.

Bringing in Allen Christensen was a master move, and he thrived under the senior people in the club with the right attitude. Proud of the club.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
The Collingwood internal review on racism is out, apparently the board received the report days before Eddy’s announced year long resignation. And yes, it identified problems.

So glad our club has been actively addressing this for the past handful of years (should never have been an issue, but better late than never) and now have structures in place. I expect we will continue to attract indigenous players due to our culture. It’s a win win situation.

Bringing in Allen Christensen was a master move, and he thrived under the senior people in the club with the right attitude. Proud of the club.
This was discussed on Twitter at the time the report was handed down in December.

Eddie announcing his retirement overshadowed the news that the club had received the report and refused to make the findings public, and by Eddie announcing his retirement, this year becomes a retirement tour for Eddie, lauding his achievements at Collingwood, and sweeping the report under the carpet.

Wonder what the motives are for the report being leaked now?

This was discussed on Twitter at the time the report was handed down in December.

Eddie announcing his retirement overshadowed the news that the club had received the report and refused to make the findings public, and by Eddie announcing his retirement, this year becomes a retirement tour for Eddie, lauding his achievements at Collingwood, and sweeping the report under the carpet.

Wonder what the motives are for the report being leaked now?

Apparently their AGM is tomorrow night. Gotta be the reason.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Below link to nn article about this report
One paragraph from the article
The report made 18 recommendations and accepted the club had made "important and positive steps … in the past few years" including appointing a first nations person to the board and introducing policies targeted at racism.

knaf

Club Legend
Mar 15, 2008
Standing on Sacred Ground
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Couldn’t agree more about about the importance of the work Allen Christensen has done. Creating a culturally safe work environment has benefits for all businesses, but in the football club environment it is doubly important. Allows our Indigenous players to develop to their full potential.

proud of my club!

Couldn’t agree more about about the importance of the work Allen Christensen has done. Creating a culturally safe work environment has benefits for all businesses, but in the football club environment it is doubly important. Allows our Indigenous players to develop to their full potential.

proud of my club!

I'm biased but also think Mitch has been a small link in the chain. His best mate is Eddie, Charlie was a friend he basically constantly nagged to come to Brisbane. It's seems childish to say it, but knowing there were already kids in the playground getting along well might contribute to entrenching acceptance culture.

With great trepidation I posted the following on the pied board. I really do think our inclusive culture is our foundation for success

I come in peace, not commenting on your issues just info on our club.

A few years ago we had only one indigenous player, Ash McGrath. Allen Christensen arrived and he and the new management developed and published a reconciliation action plan in 2017. They bought the Long Walk to Brisbane and the coach and at least ten players participated in the recent Australia Day peaceful protest.

Last year we had Allen, Charlie Cameron, Cedric Cox, Callum Ah Chee, Cameron Ellis Yolmen, Kiedean Coleman and Ally Anderson in the women’s team. We added Nakia Cockatoo and Blake Coleman in the recent draft/trade period. Not up to date on the women’s team.

During this time we’ve climbed a hell of long way up the ladder.

I believe these players bring their individual talents to improve the team, but more than that, the team culture that embraces these players benefits the whole club and has been significant in our improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back