Non-Lions discussion 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Assuming for a second that the round 2 game at the Cattery goes ahead. A tough game down there always but if given the option I would much rather a game down there at the start of the season given they have a pretty old list & may take a month or so to get into the swing of the season.

We should've beaten them down there not that long ago when we were ordinary and they were guns.

I'm not worried about playing Geelong at Geelong.

If we're good enough we'll win it.

We should've beaten them down there not that long ago when we were ordinary and they were guns.

I'm not worried about playing Geelong at Geelong.

If we're good enough we'll win it.
As long as they don’t kick it out of bounds on the full about 47 times like last time.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox

Bit of a disaster for the Giants.

As for Preuss, he just seems to sit on lists without ever really playing senior footy due to form, injury etc.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

As for Preuss, he just seems to sit on lists without ever really playing senior footy due to form, injury etc.

Yeah, that's a tough break for them.

Back to the old game plan, Mummy in the ruck trying to take out as many of the opposition players as possible.

Is Mummy still on the list?
Might be now?
He's on the rookie list.

Hopefully Flynn gets the first go but given how obsessed Leon is with "his veterans" I reckon we'd see Mumford sooner rather than later, infuriatingly.

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Is Mummy still on the list?
Might be now?
Yes he is still on their list according to their web site.
Mummy top image and Matt Flynn below a 23 year old yet to debut
Like most clubs they probably have someone to help out if needed
Not a good start to the season

1613633304649.png

1613633442678.png

His decision to, shortly after breaking out, move to Melbourne to sit behind Gawn will certainly go down as one of the more bizarre career moves in AFL history.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'd never ever heard of Paton prior to that news story, so it can't be too big a loss, personal tragedies aside for the lad.

Paton's pretty good - he comprehensively did the job on Charlie when we played them. Given the number of dangerous small forwards in the competition, losing him will hurt the Saints - though not as much as Marshall missing will.

Not so Brisbane Lions news & information related by any stretch.

But school football in QLD with the Andrews-Cameron Cup being played for the first time between Padua College and Marist College this afternoon in the AIC First XVIII competition at Sandgate.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers

But school football in QLD with the Andrews-Cameron Cup being played for the first time between Padua College and Marist College this afternoon in the AIC First XVIII competition at Sandgate.
Pity they didn’t talk about any of the boys in either team.

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Is one of these schools the supporters who idolised Merret one week changing ends each quarter and yahooing very loudly when Daniel went near the ball?

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
“I rocked up to my locker and on top of my bag was my player profile which had already been filled out by a handful of players … it was filled out with a lot of racist stereotypes.”

“I rocked up to my locker and on top of my bag was my player profile which had already been filled out by a handful of players … it was filled out with a lot of racist stereotypes.”

"It’s also why Davis has been waiting for a call from Collingwood, just as he waited for more than a decade while playing at Collingwood for these issues to be rectified. The report is a vindication for him, and all other players who endured racism within its walls, but it is a wider story of the racism in Australia."

Keeping their face (or admitting any potential liabilities) seems more important to Collingwood that actually saying sorry and meaning it.

Really sad details released to the public today, surronding the investigation of Danny Frawley's death, his mental health struggles he was experiencing in his final few years and how CTE could be a massive factor for his mental health problems as a result of repeated head knocks in the AFL.

Again, it is SO important for all of us on here to know on here as always that if you or something you know is experiencing any struggles/trouble with your mental health, it is so so crucial to tell others around you that you love (family, friends) that you are struggling with your mental health side of things and find suitable support for yourself or for another person (psychologist, medication, online services) to help them out, cause everyone loves you no matter where you are from and what you do, especially on this Bigfooty forum as well, and we don't want anything bad to happen to you all:

Below, I have copied some links/websites for anyone or someone they know is struggling with their mental health lately and need help:

Last edited:

patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Heat, Wigan Athletic
This is why when people call players "soft" after a well-deserved suspension I want to throttle them. Repeatedly. With my car (which is a Pajero Sport). I'm sorry but potentially giving your life up to depression and suicide to keep a bunch of morons who want blood entertained is not a fair trade in my opinion. NO ONE gets paid enough for that.

It's stuff like this that makes me question whether Lumumba actually filled in that questionaire article that mentioned the nickname. I hardly expect all the players would be sitting down and do tabloid survey things like that.

----

Unrelated to that, the more I think about this rule change about having to stay on the mark and not track sideways the more I think that this is actually more of a spotlight onto the failings of the umpire in charge than it is forcing limitations on players. The rule is if the player steps off the line of the mark then it's play on. So if they do this and the man on the mark follows, don't award the kicker with a 50m penalty. Call it for what it is - play on. Put the pressure back on the player taking the kick to actually kick over the mark instead of gaining an extra advantage by laterally moving on their own.

Sanchez365

Club Legend
May 9, 2011
Melbourne/New York City
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It's stuff like this that makes me question whether Lumumba actually filled in that questionaire article that mentioned the nickname. I hardly expect all the players would be sitting down and do tabloid survey things like that.

----

Unrelated to that, the more I think about this rule change about having to stay on the mark and not track sideways the more I think that this is actually more of a spotlight onto the failings of the umpire in charge than it is forcing limitations on players. The rule is if the player steps off the line of the mark then it's play on. So if they do this and the man on the mark follows, don't award the kicker with a 50m penalty. Call it for what it is - play on. Put the pressure back on the player taking the kick to actually kick over the mark instead of gaining an extra advantage by laterally moving on their own.

I think, definitely in the early rounds, we will see a lot of this happen where the play has played on, play on isn't called fast enough and the man on the mark gets done for 50.

I fact, my first option as a player kicking the ball would be to fake a kick every time I took a mark, literally to milk this kind of technical 50.

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Nth Melb got their pantz pulled down today by the Saints with Mason Wood kicking 4 against them. According to AFL.com Skinner didnt see much of the ball on the forward line as it rarely was up there........similar place where the lions were 4 yrs ago for their coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back