Non-Lions discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

They really do seem like they're kissed on the d***

The karma bus must surely catch up with them sooner or later
Hawthorn had them on toast and made a silly error which cost them a goal and gave Geelong one. Two goal turnaround.

Geelong looked cooked 5 minutes into the last quarter but somehow they win just like last week.

They've got some good players to come in but they're all getting a bit long in the tooth.

Geelong have really faded in last couple of weeks - lucky not to be 0-3. No doubt they are slow with the odd exception but I think that chip and mark game is becoming too demanding. In essence they are coached to run back and out number opposition forwards and then chip the ball around and find space and then go into forward 50. Worked well for years but teams are awake to them now and can the players maintain that heavy running all season?

Dangerfield and Cameron will no doubt make a difference when they return but Cats still look vulnerable to me.

Jiath might be a nice find for Hawks. Shows great dash.

They play Melbourne at the G this week, a team that rightfully should be 3-0. They'll get found out.

Jury still has to be out on Melbourne. Unknown formlines so early in the season. Melbourne have knocked off Freo, Saints & now GWS.

I'm no fan of the Cats, quite the opposite, but wouldn't mind Melbourne missing out on finals too ;)

Gotta feel for the Suns and Dew. Witts out for the season with an ACL.

Shocking news. There was a rumour floating about that he'd be back in 4 weeks as well, was hoping that was true :(

Suns have had no luck with injuries again. No rucks on the list for at least a month. Makes it so hard to build something when they get this unlucky year on year.

Shocking news. There was a rumour floating about that he'd be back in 4 weeks as well, was hoping that was true :(

Suns have had no luck with injuries again. No rucks on the list for at least a month. Makes it so hard to build something when they get this unlucky year on year.

I just saw on Fish's twitter that because of injuries, they will have to go to their fifth string ruck choice. That is not ideal.

I like Wittsy, really good pickup for the suns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gotta feel for the Suns and Dew. Witts out for the season with an ACL.
Witts has been great for the Suns.
They just needed a reasonable run with injuries and the were an outside chance to make the 8 this year
Now they have to blood a few guys that may have needed more time in the twos
That is good exposure for the future but not so great for this year

Jury still has to be out on Melbourne. Unknown formlines so early in the season. Melbourne have knocked off Freo, Saints & now GWS.

I'm no fan of the Cats, quite the opposite, but wouldn't mind Melbourne missing out on finals too ;)
Watched that game and they struggled for most of that game to put GWS away
Melbourne got away from GWS in the last quarter.
Injuries to Coniglio, Davis & de Boer for large parts of the game flattered the Demons
Can't see them beating Cats next week but i hope they do.

Watched that game and they struggled for most of that game to put GWS away
Melbourne got away from GWS in the last quarter.
Injuries to Coniglio, Davis & de Boer for large parts of the game flattered the Demons
Can't see them beating Cats next week but i hope they do.

Yeah, I hope they beat the Cats too..... Go Dees. (We're doing the opposite thing there right?, because if not then I hope they lose because I want a top ten draft pick from them).

Terrible news on Witts. More research into ACL injuries would be a worthwhile I suppose. Nowhere as pressing as other needed medical research but the findings would still be interesting. For professional sportspeople it is a pretty cruel injury.

Yeah, I hope they beat the Cats too..... Go Dees. (We're doing the opposite thing there right?, because if not then I hope they lose because I want a top ten draft pick from them).
Not worried about draft picks at this time of the year. So not thinking along those lines "Melbourne Demons A premiership" thread
I am 50/50 on who i would like to win
If Melbourne win i think during the year they get knocked off enough to make 6-10th range
Geelong win they are on the way to top 4 again

The main thing is we beat the Dogs this week to get season back on track.
That is the only thing the Lions players and coaches have control over

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back