Non-Lions discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Wright is terrible.

For a big boy he gets bodied so easily.
Kinda speaks to the general lack of ruck depth going around doesn't it. A solid chunk of the league is having a ruck crisis at the moment.

This game has the most inept, wooden commentary I have ever heard. zyoutube, here I come.

How Carey and Watson have paid gigs is beyond me. I prefer Hamish to BT, but I've never liked the shouty hype-it-beyond-belief style of commentary.

FLVanLandingham

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
golly some sore necks tonight :eek:

great finish though

buddy would be annoyed with some of his teammates cutting into his lead up and screwing up a play-on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy that Sydney won, but it is good to know rucks can take the ball out of the ruck play on and can't be done for holding the ball.

Easy to look at the score 11.17 and think Swans should have smashed them but it was a very even game.

I think one of those games of what if. If Sydney were a bit straighter early I think they would have broken Essendon and much different story.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Happy that Sydney won, but it is good to know rucks can take the ball out of the ruck play on and can't be done for holding the ball.
That was the clearest htb I've ever seen.

Have the umps been instructed to not ever penalise anyone taking it out of the ruck ?

He grabbed it ,took off into clear running and got run down.

Have the umps been instructed to not ever penalise anyone taking it out of the ruck ?

Essendon ROBBED.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If Essendon can be consistent then they can definitely challenge for finals but consistency has been the big challenge for them. Will not be an easy win next week.

Irrespective of the outcome of our game on Saturday there will be no complacency going into next weeks game that's for sure.

Nah, I just watched them replay it. He was grabbed a half-second after he took the ball out of the ruck. No prior. Because you continue running has no bearing on anything. Players do that all the time in general play.

I don't agree with the rule at all though. It's a ruck contest, they should be hitting the ball - if they choose to take the ball then that should be their prior opportunity. No idea why they changed it.

Nah, I just watched them replay it. He was grabbed a half-second after he took the ball out of the ruck. No prior. Because you continue running has no bearing on anything. Players do that all the time in general play.

I don't agree with the rule at all though. It's a ruck contest, they should be hitting the ball - if they choose to take the ball then that should be their prior opportunity. No idea why they changed it.

Admittedly I haven't re-watched other than seeing it live, but they often pay a free where the player is grabbed straight away, has an opportunity to get rid of it and doesn't.

Apr 4, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Haven't seen the replay but live he just made no attempt other than to break the tackle.

But agree Hawkins has shown what a massive advantage it is to grab it out of the ruck if you're not going to get pinged. Should be htb if you've taken the clear free advantage opportunity to grab it and don't get rid of it in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back