patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Brisbane Heat, Wigan Athletic
A good start by North, but it looks like Melbourne are ready to play.

I don't envy Noble at all. He's got a huge task ahead of him, and honestly I think North have the same problem as Collingwood - the board.

patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Or North could just try and injure all the Melbourne players and win by default. That works too...?

Adam Tomlinson looks like he will be out for 12 months with a suspected ACL or serious leg injury in the first quarter :huh:

Feel sorry for the bloke given how shattered and upset he looks right now throughout the quarter and also during the quarter break :(

Worth remembering we won the spoon in Fagans first season
We should have won it earlier under Leppa and would have if the Bombers didn't lose all their players.

Our worst years were 2015 & 2016, especially 2016. 2017 was a big improvement in terms of wins & percentage but no other teams had a really bad season.

We should have won it earlier under Leppa and would have if the Bombers didn't lose all their players.

Our worst years were 2015 & 2016, especially 2016. 2017 was a big improvement in terms of wins & percentage but no other teams had a really bad season.

2016 was definitely the worst season we have had in the club's history by a mile, especially the match where we got smashed by 138 points in Adelaide (in which someone had to endure watching it live) in the latter parts of the season. That was probably the tipping point at the club and AFL IMO in which we needed to have a whole-club review over the on-field product & off-field culture which was delivered at the club and making sure the right people were involved at the club such as Fagan, Noble, Ambrogio & Conole.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I can't trust the Dees & Dogs come finals time.

I still think it'll be one of Tigers/Lions/Port/Cats.

Much as I dislike them and think they are overrated, I'd still have the Dogs above ourselves and Port at the moment. We have to show that we can handle their midfield depth before I am confident in our ability to beat them, especially away from the Gabba.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Much as I dislike them and think they are overrated, I'd still have the Dogs above ourselves and Port at the moment. We have to show that we can handle their midfield depth before I am confident in our ability to beat them, especially away from the Gabba.

I'd have Melbourne ahead of all of them. Their defence and forwards are much better than the dogs

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
My son came over to watch the footy with me today.

I said to him that I could smell a big upset brewing, especially as the Dees are notorious for dropping games unexpectedly. Also, coming off a huge effort against the Tigers last week, they would find it hard to stay up for a game like this.

North may well collapse in the second half so not going the early crow just yet.

Looking like a genius at the moment though:cool:

patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
So, what do North do now? Honestly, I think it's a case of "Oh well, they tried." I don't see them coming back, but it'd be nice to be wrong.

So, what do North do now? Honestly, I think it's a case of "Oh well, they tried." I don't see them coming back, but it'd be nice to be wrong.

Aaaaand they’re sh*t again.
Normal service resumed.

I really do hope we don't take North Melbourne lightly and beat them convincingly when we play them next month cause they will cause a upset or two this season against teams that will challenge for finals this year IMO.

I know that the club doesn't think that way and it's always a one week at a time process, in regards to the fixturing and all that, but we were really quite lucky, let's face it, not to lose against them last year in the Gold Coast, even though we had quite a lot more shots than them.

Like all developing teams, they've shown a glimpse of what they can do but will take them a few years before they can do it for four quarters.

Like all developing teams, they've shown a glimpse of what they can do but will take them a few years before they can do it for four quarters.
I would say, providing their injury list is good, that they should be competing for finals by the 2024/2025 season I say. That gives them 3-4 years to rebuild a playing list properly that is ready finals footy for then and in the future also. The only problem is if the board at North Melbourne think that way though.

Lion_LegacyXL

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I really do hope we don't take North Melbourne lightly and beat them convincingly when we play them next month cause they will cause a upset or two this season against teams that will challenge for finals this year IMO.

I know that the club doesn't think that way and it's always a one week at a time process, in regards to the fixturing and all that, but we were really quite lucky, let's face it, not to lose against them last year in the Gold Coast, even though we had quite a lot more shots than them.
The last 3 times we've played them its come down to the final moments of the game, hopefully that changes this time.

I am surprised how much I already can't stand Melbourne. They have been awful today against a team they should be easily beating, and yet have been celebrating these last quarter goals as if it's a prelim final. Not entirely sure why I feel this way about them, but they're quickly nearing Richmond as my least favourite team in the comp.

patfullfankezz

Puhuhuhuhu!
Jul 28, 2011
Brisbane!
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
I am surprised how much I already can't stand Melbourne. They have been awful today against a team they should be easily beating, and yet have been celebrating these last quarter goals as if it's a prelim final. Not entirely sure why I feel this way about them, but they're quickly nearing Richmond as my least favourite team in the comp.

It's almost like they didn't even bother until they had to. A bit up themselves.

Also how come Carlton aren't wearing a clash strip against Essendon?

Lion_LegacyXL

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Probably because they're the only side that hasn't had an L so far this season and come the end of the year I feel like they could potentially prevent us from getting a home final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back