Non-Lions discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Highly likely that Dogs and Cats will finish top 2. IMO if we win all 4 we are 99% certain to finish 3rd/4th.

Demons- The Suns were pretty good in the month before us belting them, I think they are a rough chance to beat the Demons this weekend, Eagles in Perth also a chance and the Cats would be favourites in the last round.

Port- IMO the Giants are a huge chance of an upset win this weekend, Showdown anything could happen and the Dogs would be favourites in the last round.

Swans- A pretty easy run home, I don't think they lose another game this H&A season.

Wouldn't it be fantastic for our draft picks this year if the Demons imploded missed top 4 and went out first week of finals... death ride still alive.
Games for all these teams could go according to ladder position or pear shape, no way to predict with any certainty
I will be happy if we win 3 of 4.
Hope the boys remember the Hawks upset us in round 1 last year. Time to revenge that result

Looking at the present ladder position
Melbourne was the only team in the top 8 to lose last week
I also noticed that teams ranked 9th to 14th all lost last week
Be an interesting run home for positions 1 to 12/13

5th would not be the end of the world - relatively easy first final at the Gabba.
Against Richmond possibly.
Wouldn’t say easy, but it would be so lovely if we were the team to kick them out of finals this year and end their so called ‘dynasty’.
Has a certain ring to it.

Big mistake by Hawthorn IMO. Clarkson had a young developing list which was competitive most weeks. There was no reason to move him on.

Mitchell will struggle I think. The Hawthorn list is still a big work in progress and the heat he will be under will be massive.
Hawks going full rebuild via the draft, no pressure on Mitchell for his first two years.

The big question now is who will Clarkson coach next season, Pies, Blues, Suns, Giants?
I think Dew is safe enough. I'd love to see him at GWS but I can't see him leaving Victoria, especially when Collingwood and Carlton would probably get him board positions and any other off-field non-soft-cap gig he wants.

Wow, what a s**t show. This is way way worse than when Voss was shown the door.

Embarrassing for Hawthorn's board.

Edit: A least Hawthorn actually have a coach lined up to take over though lol.

Last edited:
Big mistake by Hawthorn IMO. Clarkson had a young developing list which was competitive most weeks. There was no reason to move him on.

Mitchell will struggle I think. The Hawthorn list is still a big work in progress and the heat he will be under will be massive.
I would keep Clarkson and get rid of the management that don't like him.

Hawks sort of where we where with Lethal, dropped off and Clarko prob coming to the end. Add worried that they loose the fav son. Although has done a few years compare to what Voss did.
The pies was always the weird one pulled the trigger in a window. Which closed said window.

If Clarko does not coach on the weekend or farewell game :( great for us not

Last edited:
hope the boys are all good when we in WA. Josh Carr seems in trouble.

Fremantle assistant coach charged over alleged quarantine breach
WA police have charged Fremantle assistant coach Josh Carr with breaching quarantine rules in Perth.

Police say after returning from Queensland on Sunday, he was given a modified quarantine direction that allowed him to self-quarantine for 14 days, and attend training and matches.

But it's alleged that when police went to his address on Wednesday, he wasn't there.

They also allege he travelled to locations not associated with his duties and allowed unauthorised people into his home.

He's been charged with three counts of failing to comply with a direction and is now not allowed to leave quarantine, even for matches, until August 9.

He's been stood down from coaching duties while the club considers further action.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WA police have charged Fremantle assistant coach Josh Carr with breaching quarantine rules in Perth.

Police say after returning from Queensland on Sunday, he was given a modified quarantine direction that allowed him to self-quarantine for 14 days, and attend training and matches.

But it's alleged that when police went to his address on Wednesday, he wasn't there.

They also allege he travelled to locations not associated with his duties and allowed unauthorised people into his home.

He's been charged with three counts of failing to comply with a direction and is now not allowed to leave quarantine, even for matches, until August 9.

He's been stood down from coaching duties while the club considers further action.
Josh Carr ruffled feathers on the field. why change now ;)

Jared Brennan must have knocked the common sense out of him with that headbutt

Caroline Wilson cops a lot of abuse over social media and regular media, I hope there's a few apologies coming her way, front of the queue Ben Dixon who had a massive crack the other day. I've always liked CW as she takes unpopular stances and sticks to her guns nor does she worry about trying to please people!

She's been on the money with this one all along. Blues more likely.
IDK why ppl continuously question her. Shes always on the money and you just new when Mitchell, who I reckon is a snake in the grass, spoke to the media saying he wanted to work under Clarko was BS. Surely there are enough lessons of clubs wanting there favourite sons into the coaches box that the Hawks have fallen for this again.

This makes Vossy's departure look amicable.

Hawks couldn't have botched this anymore if they tried.

The other thing that is funny is that smarmy prick McClure trying to lay claim to having the scoop when Caro has had it for months. Keep trying idiot.

If you were Clarko which would you choose: try and push Blues list to a flag or oversee the Pies rebuild? Blues missing some pieces but have enough that they should be playing finals as it is and may be able to get to flag competitors. Pies you'll get a long contract and the chance to build your own list from scratch for sustained success.

I wonder how much rubbish Wilson deals with is gender based.

Some of it is no doubt but she often reports on things people don't want to acknowledge or hear as well as being very dogmatic when confronted about the nature of her stories, though that's probably due to the strength of her sources. I have no issue with her but I can see how she would rub people the wrong way, regardless of gender. There really aren't many, or perhaps any, male AFL journalists willing to report on the kind of stories she does with as much conviction.

I wonder how much rubbish Wilson deals with is gender based.
I think the issue is more the boys in the AFL's club never spill the beans on anyone whereas she's a bit of a loose canon in the footy journo world. If it was a bloke they'd probably just give him the cold shoulder and freeze him out .But yeah , there are some antiquated views on women in the industry. Without mentioning names.

When you're wrapped up in footy we tend to forget that as far as journalism goes sports reporting is where those who aren't that intellectual go. And a rung below that are footy ,NRL and Racing journos. So you're dealing with the those lowest on the journalism totem pole. In other words anyone can do it so people get a bit precious about their spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back