Non-Lions discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else got a soft spot for North with Noble at the helm?

Nah, my distaste for their supporters overrides the Nobes factor for me.

Boorish bitterness combined with a pathological victim complex is a really dislikable combination.

Last edited:

Something must be happening at the Eagles. No way they should be this s**t

Something must be happening at the Eagles. No way they should be this sh*t
Nah I think we are finally seeing just how crap Buckley has actually been as a coach...hasn't had the playing group onside for a while.

Wouldn't actually be surprised if Harvey now gets the main gig - have heard a gew significant people are coming around to him as the next coach, and he really hasn't done much wrong so far.....

Nah I think we are finally seeing just how crap Buckley has actually been as a coach...hasn't had the playing group onside for a while.

Wouldn't actually be surprised if Harvey now gets the main gig - have heard a gew significant people are coming around to him as the next coach, and he really hasn't done much wrong so far.....
been a lot of talk playing group vs Buckley for years. Do not think his clean out after he took over went down well.
Although Eddie backed Bucks.
Wonder if both gone released the pressure.

Although it also happens a lot after a coach goes a honeymoon period
Some players also now think might be in trouble if I do not pull the finger out.
Harvey been up for a few jobs in the last few years so not really a left field choice.
Depends if Clarko wants the job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A change to "no professional or community sport in greater Brisbane area"
NRL games to go ahead for round 20 all at Suncorp
Below from NRL site

The NRL will introduce new Level 4+ protocols as part of an agreement with the Queensland Government for round 20 of the Telstra Premiership to be completed on Sunday and Monday.

The three originally scheduled Saturday games will now be played on Sunday at Suncorp Stadium, headlined by a 4.05pm Storm v Panthers blockbuster.

Sunday’s fixtures have been switched to Monday to ensure the entire round is completed ahead of round 21.

While the 13 NSW, ACT and Victorian-based teams are in South-East Queensland's lockdown, Level 4+ protocols will be implemented which include the use of one venue, daily testing of players, compulsory masks for all staff and officials not playing as well as reduced personnel at games.

A change to "no professional or community sport in greater Brisbane area"
NRL games to go ahead for round 20 all at Suncorp
Below from NRL site

The NRL will introduce new Level 4+ protocols as part of an agreement with the Queensland Government for round 20 of the Telstra Premiership to be completed on Sunday and Monday.

The three originally scheduled Saturday games will now be played on Sunday at Suncorp Stadium, headlined by a 4.05pm Storm v Panthers blockbuster.

Sunday’s fixtures have been switched to Monday to ensure the entire round is completed ahead of round 21.

While the 13 NSW, ACT and Victorian-based teams are in South-East Queensland's lockdown, Level 4+ protocols will be implemented which include the use of one venue, daily testing of players, compulsory masks for all staff and officials not playing as well as reduced personnel at games.

Makes a mockery of our home game against the Saints being played at Metricon.

Makes a mockery of our home game against the Saints being played at Metricon.
That Saints game was a head scratcher

The NRL decision was a quick turnaround by the government.
However i think the Government wanted to get the message out to all that basically no exceptions. Being a snap lockdown and get home by 4pm

The NRL obviously put their case forward after the initial announcement and it was accepted
I am sure the Government will cop some flack for the decision
However professional footballers go through lost of testing etc that the general public would not accept to continue working

If the AFL Brisbane base teams at the time stayed, they most likely would have been given the opportunity to play
However interstate teams may have got caught in Brisbane
This just shows the benefit of a Hub. The NRL teams don't need to move interstate and abide by different State travel restrictions

In the long term the decision may be helpful for the Lions to be able to play their final 2 games at The Gabba
Alternately the AFL may very well think the best way forward to finish the season with little disruption is to move all teams to Melbourne for the remaining 3 H & A games

Just another dummy spit when they have to play away from home.

They are so predictable.

Should rename themseves the West Coast Seagulls when they play anywhere but Optus.

Even at Optus they look very dodgy at the moment.

Getting them at the Gabba (lockdowns permitting) in the final round is a gift.

Even at Optus they look very dodgy at the moment.

Getting them at the Gabba (lockdowns permitting) in the final round is a gift.
Knowing the AFL, they will make the Lions stay in Perth after the Freo game and play the game at Optus.
Wouldn’t want to put the game as a whole in jeopardy by Flying back to Brisbane.
In all fairness to the other 17 teams in the competition of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back