Non-Lions discussion 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think there's a narrative around the Greenwood departure that matters. I probably agree that, longer term, it will have only a moderate impact at best and the upside is cap space and a list spot to use.

But they clearly didn't expect this to happen. I don't think they dangled him out like bait, hoping someone would bite. They wanted to keep him, as evidenced by the revised contract offer once North's interest was known.

For a club that is challenged by retention, it feels like this is a blunder. Perhaps it is also a small window into the sense of belonging players feel at the Suns. Whether or not the Greenwood departure truly matters, it will contribute to the narrative that the Suns are a temporary place of employment for players. And that hurts retention and attraction.

Fair point. I dont know how enmeshed Greenwood is with the current crop/leadership group at the Suns. For us it would be like dangling Mitch Robbo around. I thought they did overhaul their list management when that GWS manager came up to the Suns. AFL really need to investigate the football operations/list management side of things. I guess they will look like winners if they can get King to sign early on in the year.

Fair point. I dont know how enmeshed Greenwood is with the current crop/leadership group at the Suns. For us it would be like dangling Mitch Robbo around. I thought they did overhaul their list management when that GWS manager came up to the Suns. AFL really need to investigate the football operations/list management side of things. I guess they will look like winners if they can get King to sign early on in the year.
Sadly though, any small hope of them making finals in 2022 can now be basically thrown out the window after this error of judgement, meaning that Dew will be given the boot for another "lucky" coach to try and fix this incompetent mess of a club called the Gold Coast Suns.

5. Your painting of the No Fault Scheme for vaccinations as an indictment on the safety of the COVID19 vaccine shows you have very little perspective in healthcare. GPs and Public Health officials have been arguing for a no fault scheme for all vaccines in Australia for a long time. The facts are that if you have a 1 in a million side effect, if you administer a million doses you will likely get someone with that rare side effect. It is unpredictable who will get that effect but it is predictable that a number will depending on how many people have said treatment.

It appears that tens of thousand fo Australians would already dispute the 1 in a Million side effect statement....

My last post on this -

I'm alive because circa 2005 people took expiramental drugs, and those drugs became accepted practice.

Many of those people died and were always going to die because their cancer was well advanced. They did it for people like me. They are my absolute heros and I get sad and emotional when I think about this issue.

Modern medicine keeps many people alive when their bodies go awry. Yes, there are some dodgy things (Oxycodone for starters), but for the vast majority of times, the system of reviews, checks and registrations work.

The too little scrutiny on Oxycodone allowed liars to publish false data (omitting bad results).

Covid vaccine is keeping people alive.

The amount of scrutiny on anything covid related means false data (including omitted data) is getting exposed. If we aren't seeing it, it's not there.

It appears that tens of thousand fo Australians would already dispute the 1 in a Million side effect statement....

I'm not sure with you misunderstood or are deliberately misrepresenting what he said? He was talking about rare side-effects. If you read the article you linked their figure of tens of thousands includes all mild side effects.

There's no figures on there on serious side-effects (defined in the article as requiring at least one night's hospitalisation) other than nine deaths and by comparison on that stat, the flu vaccine (figures here, easiest comparison I could find) was linked to four deaths from 1.7 million doses in NZ in 2020 - about 5% of the doses compared to the COVID vaccine doses in Australia.

My last post on this -

I'm alive because circa 2005 people took expiramental drugs, and those drugs became accepted practice.

Many of those people died and were always going to die because their cancer was well advanced. They did it for people like me. They are my absolute heroes and I get sad and emotional when I think about this issue.
Glad you are still here with us and doing well now mate :thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

I'm not sure with you misunderstood or are deliberately misrepresenting what he said? He was talking about rare side-effects. If you read the article you linked their figure of tens of thousands includes all mild side effects.

There's no figures on there on serious side-effects (defined in the article as requiring at least one night's hospitalisation) other than nine deaths and by comparison on that stat, the flu vaccine (figures here, easiest comparison I could find) was linked to four deaths from 1.7 million doses in NZ in 2020 - about 5% of the doses compared to the COVID vaccine doses in Australia.

Ddin't misrepresent anything, just linked an article of interest.

It says that 78,880 "mild cases" were recorded, doesn't say anything about what the other claims are for so far except to note that it does say "Significant brain or cardiac injury could result in a claim in the hundreds of thousands or even millions of dollars".

Gross exaggeration. The tens of thousands appear to mostly be mild side effects. I’m sure there’s hundreds, if not thousands, who have signed up looking a free pay day, that will never actually submit a claim when they realise what the processes involve.

Sadly though, any small hope of them making finals in 2022 can now be basically thrown out the window after this error of judgement, meaning that Dew will be given the boot for another "lucky" coach to try and fix this incompetent mess of a club called the Gold Coast Suns.

I think the hype of Clarkson is exactly the type of coach the Suns need for a full re-set. You need a proven coach who is still modern. I have my doubts on Dew. I dont think he is a bad coach. I just think the amount of problems Gold Coast has needs an experienced head but someone who is also aware of modern player psyche and sports psychology. Fagan/Noble etc type mould of people managers. I think Clarkson epitomises relationship building and culture. Im sure Dew is also skilled at this but Clarkson has the runs on the board to get buy in. I pray that the Suns become competitive. As someone on the southside of Brisbane it would be fantastic to have the option of attending 22 great games of AFL here in Queensland instead of seeing a bunch of uncompetitive tripe that the Suns are routinely dishing out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gross exaggeration. The tens of thousands appear to mostly be mild side effects. I’m sure there’s hundreds, if not thousands, who have signed up looking a free pay day, that will never actually submit a claim when they realise what the processes involve.

So the tens of thousands (78,800 as reported in the article linked) is a gross exaggeration, but 1 in a million isn't?

Interesting.

Let's see how many of the claims are substantiated before coming to conclusions. Rates of TTS with AZ and myocarditis with mRNA vaccines are well established, and would not be in the tens of thousands here. Most of these would be mild.

I have only previously seen the Haka at a sporting event from the NZ team ... just saw this clip of a much larger group in Wellington doing it as part of a protest ... definitely more intense!

(the description is not in English - Google tells me it is "A group of protesters circled the New Zealand parliament balling the traditional Haka ball
the city of wellington is in lockdown since august"

I think the hype of Clarkson is exactly the type of coach the Suns need for a full re-set. You need a proven coach who is still modern. I have my doubts on Dew. I dont think he is a bad coach. I just think the amount of problems Gold Coast has needs an experienced head but someone who is also aware of modern player psyche and sports psychology. Fagan/Noble etc type mould of people managers. I think Clarkson epitomises relationship building and culture. Im sure Dew is also skilled at this but Clarkson has the runs on the board to get buy in. I pray that the Suns become competitive. As someone on the southside of Brisbane it would be fantastic to have the option of attending 22 great games of AFL here in Queensland instead of seeing a bunch of uncompetitive tripe that the Suns are routinely dishing out.
There are a couple of Suns posters with close links to the playing and coaching group.

Apparently Dew is rather poor at relationship building. Both amongst players and staff.

Back on topic. I reckon there's one in a million chance The Suns winning 2022 AFL premiership.

Based on how well your death riding Melbourne thread went last year, Suns flag in 2022 confirmed.

I doubt your story.

Ivermectin has been increasingly disregarded as a treatment option. This article from Nature summarises its history https://www.nature.com/articles/s41591-021-01535-y. Essentially a bunch of early studies from Iran, Turkey, Egypt and Lebanon found huge benefits of giving ivermectin. A meta-analysis combining the results of those very poorly conducted positive studies plus other larger and more rigorous negative studies in India and Brazil found there may be some benefit from ivermectin. Since then two of the Egyptian studies with the biggest reported benefits were found to be complete frauds. More countries started having ivermectin trials and found negative results. The group who did the initial meta-analysis revoked their original paper and re-examined their data after removing the fraudulent Egyptian studies and found ivermectin does nothing. They are still continuing to study its use in ICU based critically ill patients.

Ivermectin works to cure river blidness because that condition is caused by a parasite and ivermectin is an anti-parasitic ... I dont get what that has to do with COVID.

Your assertion that Japan is widely using ivermectin treatment is also a US right wing media myth (like how Australia is a police state where everyone is getting beaten up). https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-coronavirus-japan-idUSL1N2RS1NO summarises it well. Essentially the Japanese agencies have not listed ivermectin as a standard of care for their patients. They have a high rate of vaccination and emergency distancing restrictions in place that limits spread (sounds a lot like Australia's strategy doesnt it hmmmm). They have also been in summer when infection rates lower (UV light can sterilise the virus, there are less people enclosed in tight spaces, places are more well ventilated in summer vs winter).

You have a posting history of 10 posts and 2 of them have to do with COVID19. Makes me doubt whether you are being real or just a troll account spreading misinformation.

To the rest of the board: I apologise. I will stop posting related to covid19. Its like yelling into the void. I should invest my downtime in other more creative endeavors.

Thanks for the reply lionsraven.

Definitely not a troll and most definitely do live in Japan but most importantly a Lions supporter. Just posting a counter view from outside of Aus.

The right wing did jump on the comments from the Chairmen of the Tokyo medical association Dr Haruo Ozaki in March. It hasn’t been approved by the Ministry of health as an official treatment but is available and used as treatment. Even as late as August Dr Ozaku still thinks it should be provided as a treatment.

One of the most well known GP’s over here Dr Nagao also championed the use of it as he was having success with his patients.

Used as a part of a protocol with the monoclonal antibody treatment or standalone in early treatment is having good results.

Understand the sensitivities surrounding it all and this will be my last post about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Based on how well your death riding Melbourne thread went last year, Suns flag in 2022 confirmed.
Therefore I expect a fair portion of your winnings from NEDS to flow into my bank account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back