Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

morsie

All Australian
Aug 19, 2009
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Beveridge may be trying to slip one past the comp again with his land of talls and a game plan around dominating the air.

JUH, Darcy, Naughton, Lobb as forwards and Jones, Keath, Bruce in defense. Thats a solid tall roster to call upon.
and English rotating with Lobb

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Only one week to get this done unless they change the venue. Mt Barker is probably available.
And the Vic media gave Lions a hard time over BHA with only 6 weeks to play on new turf.
About half of the Melbourne Cricket Ground's turf will need to be replaced ahead of next week's AFL season opener following two record-breaking Ed Sheeran concerts at the venue.
10,000 square metres of grass needs to be ripped up after roughly 215,000 concertgoers attended the MCG last weekend.

The seven-figure repair bill is being footed by concert promoters.

Mr Ripper

Pink-cheeked and robust
Dec 21, 1999
Far North Fitzroy
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy FC
About half of the Melbourne Cricket Ground's turf will need to be replaced ahead of next week's AFL season opener following two record-breaking Ed Sheeran concerts at the venue.
10,000 square metres of grass needs to be ripped up after roughly 215,000 concertgoers attended the MCG last weekend.
1993 Fosters Cup areas

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
1993 Fosters Cup areas

No way todays AFLPA or the AFL would allow that to happen in 2023

The interesting thing about the article i provided a link to previously, was dated yesterday
A few quick searches and i can't find any other reporting of turf being replaced at the MCG
Maybe it is damaged and will get replaced in stages. The worst parts getting done before next week.

Only one week to get this done unless they change the venue. Mt Barker is probably available.
And the Vic media gave Lions a hard time over BHA with only 6 weeks to play on new turf.

The seven-figure repair bill is being footed by concert promoters.

Nah, 7 days is heaps of time. 🤔

North so desperate they're marketing to other clubs fans 🤦‍♂️

Don't worry, I let Instagram know.

Screenshot_20230310_174722_Instagram.jpg

Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The MCG & Adelaide Oval images
Optus Oval concert is Sunday 12 March but Eagles & Dockers play in Melbourne round 1.

Gee i hope no players do ACL's or any type of bad injury in the first month at these 3 venues.

1678437343118.png

1678437958873.png

1678437258662.png

.................................................................................................................................
1678437654033.png

The MCG & Adelaide Oval images
Optus Oval concert is Sunday 12 March but Eagles & Dockers play in Melbourne round 1.

Gee i hope no players do ACL's or any type of bad injury in the first month at these 3 venues.

Not sure about AO, but this isn't unusual at all from an Melbourne perspective. Has happened a bunch of times before just ahead of the season either at the G or Marvel.

Most recently, I think Adele played Marvel on March 17 with the first game there coming on March 25. That seemed fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every club does more running than every other club.

I think the big difference is our players do a lot of running in the off season before we go into pre season whereas the Sun's are too busy partying to exercise. Makes perfect sense really.

we need an official ranking of all 18 clubs and how much running they do. only data points being the statements of traded players
Eventually we'll be able to assemble a circle of preseason running parity
82wlyiprn6291.jpg

FeastOrFamine

Team Captain
Feb 19, 2022
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Can't believe the footy's back tomorrow. That pre-season went very quickly.

I want Carlton to win, but I think Richmond will get over the top of them.

This thread needs a title change as well

Can't believe the footy's back tomorrow. That pre-season went very quickly.

I want Carlton to win, but I think Richmond will get over the top of them.

This thread needs a title change as well
I don’t care for either so a draw would be lovely, would probably create a media love fest for both and they would both be Premiership favourites after the game with the regular media dribble.

FeastOrFamine

Team Captain
Feb 19, 2022
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I don’t care for either so a draw would be lovely, would probably create a media love fest for both and they would both be Premiership favourites after the game with the regular media dribble.
I would never pass up an opportunity to watch Richmond lose, although the Carlton love fest afterwards would be nauseating. They may as well just be given the premiership cup if they win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back