Non-Lions discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carlton will annihilate us even with this team with so many outs .

There is a bit of 2019 Lions about Carlton this year when footy was the most enjoyable its been a long time. We could've pinch a flag that year with more composure which is why I think both Dockers and Blues could be smoky's for this year if they have the composure we lacked. Carlton's age list eveb looks better than ours this year. Sad its turned around so much and that there isnt much enjoyment in 2022 as there was in 2019. I guess a lot of the boys are 3 years older and have signifcantly slowed up to.
I don't think Carlton will annihilate us if we reset and get the boys in the right frame of mind. And pick the right team and put them in their right slots.

I'm not bursting with enthusiasm but hopeful. Work out what's not working and do something about it. Obviously we can't get players we don't have out of thin air but we can do a lot better than last Thursday.

I don't think Carlton will annihilate us if we reset and get the boys in the right frame of mind. And pick the right team and put them in their right slots.

I'm not bursting with enthusiasm but hopeful. Work out what's not working and do something about it. Obviously we can't get players we don't have out of thin air but we can do a lot better than last Thursday.

A lot of massive overreactions lol. Carlton still have the worst percentage in the 8.

Says more to me that freo aren’t quite as good as their previous 3 games if they couldn’t score against this depleted Carlton backline.

A lot of massive overreactions lol. Carlton still have the worst percentage in the 8.

Says more to me that freo aren’t quite as good as their previous 3 games if they couldn’t score against this depleted Carlton backline.
We need to start doing work on teams like Carlton like other teams do to us and play on our weaknesses.

Tactically we started just focusing on ourselves once we became successful concentrating on ' the things we could do and what we could control' and imo letting slip the opposition side of things. So we seem to play the same all the time , something we strove for when we were hopeless and Fagan was trying to instill consistency.

If we go to work on Carlton there's plenty there we could pick apart.

I've read doom & gloom on every contending team board at some point this season, obviously including here.

Goes to show how close the top of the league really is and if you're even just 10% off, you're walking away with a loss.

Wouldn't mind not playing anyone in Melbourne. Or Ballarat.
I prefer the MCG if we had to play them in Victoria, especially after our Thursday’s night horror show as a result of not having experience on that ground for 2 years and also completely pooping the bed at the same time as well :huh:

Such a shame that we can't fight back like Tigers are doing here. We instead just wilt and get smashed.
Feels like its been ages since we showed heart when down by a bit and came back and won. Our boys for some reason just sook and drop their heads - you even rarely see it in under age footy up on the Coast. Charlie is perfact case - when does he ever get on song when we are 5 goals down?

Thats what my fond memories are f our premiership years that you had guys that iterally picked up the whole team and said come with me and away we went. I dont think we have players like that in 2022.

I'd rather s**t the bed & have a shocker in June than September ;) Let's see what the response is.

Plenty to play out still this season.

A very interesting fixture to end the year, and a lot of up & down form from a lot of teams. Kind of ironically, up until this week we were probably the most consistent team.

(Edit: Albeit playing well below our best).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd rather s**t the bed & have a shocker in June than September ;) Let's see what the response is.

Plenty to play out still this season.

A very interesting fixture to end the year, and a lot of up & down form from a lot of teams. Kind of ironically, up until this week we were probably the most consistent team.
The draw confuses me - we have 17 opponents and play 5 of them twice. Why don't you play those 5 team you are playing twice in rounds 1 - 5 and then the remaining 12 team in rounds 6 to 17 and then those return games in rounds 18-23?

Would make more sense to me than the situation we have where we play Melbourne, GWS and Saints twice with about 7-8 rounds b/w each.

The draw confuses me - we have 17 opponents and play 5 of them twice. Why don't you play those 5 team you are playing twice in rounds 1 - 5 and then the remaining 12 team in rounds 6 to 17 and then those return games in rounds 18-23?

Would make more sense to me than the situation we have where we play Melbourne, GWS and Saints twice with about 7-8 rounds b/w each.

The draw, common sense, fairness & equality are all kinda mutually exclusive to the AFL.

That being said though, as bog average as we were Thursday night. I reckon there's a decent chance we finish top 2, potentially even minor premiers (obviously not on last nights form :D ). It's a ripping end to the season fixture wise.

What did Toby Greene get for his umpire contact last season? Nat Fyfe should be getting the equivalent IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back