Non-Lions discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never got that. How can oiling of the arms and shoulders be legal? The AFL are doing all this education and rules around head protection but that allow a player to have a substance that will encourage head high contact.
I don't mind the oil as long as it voids any form of upwards high contact ... actually I do mind the oil since I can't think of any reason for it being there apart from make-me-less-tackleable ... what is the rationale they use to get away with it?

Wish we listened to briztoon and drafted Bolton instead of Cox
Hindsight is such a wonderful thing.

Richmond wishes they had taken Buddy at pick 4 instead of Richard Tambling in the 2004 draft.

Six clubs wish they had taken Joel Selwood before Geelong when they took him at Pick 7 in the 2006 draft.

James Hird was Pick 79 in the 1990 draft.

We preferred Billy bloody Longer at Pick 8 to Toby Greene in the 2011 draft.

Even GWS , who had 8 of the first 11 draft picks waited until pick 11 to select Greene.

ETC, ETC , ETC

We are all geniuses .....in hindsight

Hindsight is such a wonderful thing.

Richmond wishes they had taken Buddy at pick 4 instead of Richard Tambling in the 2004 draft.

Six clubs wish they had taken Joel Selwood before Geelong when they took him at Pick 7 in the 2006 draft.

James Hird was Pick 79 in the 1990 draft.

We preferred Billy bloody Longer at Pick 8 to Toby Greene in the 2011 draft.

Even GWS , who had 8 of the first 11 draft picks waited until pick 11 to select Greene.

ETC, ETC , ETC

We are all geniuses .....in hindsight

Briztoon called it at the time friend. He never gets it wrong.

Briztoon had it as Mcluggage, Berry, Bolton, Witherden I believe.
My take.
Quite simply I want Ainsworth at pick 3.
McCluggage may have a higher ceiling, but I also feel he has a higher bust or failure rate.

To be fair Bolton was a good pick. But SPS wasnt. So like the rest of us (including clubs) hit and miss.

My take.
McCluggage may have a higher ceiling, but I also feel he has a higher bust or failure rate.

To be fair Bolton was a good pick. But SPS wasnt. So like the rest of us (including clubs) hit and miss.

Yes.

But history shows that the Higher (lower number) picks are more likely to succeed than some random stab in the dark at pick 37, 53 or whatever.

Which is kind of what you were saying anyway I suppose

I remember when Briztoon came on to the scene in 2016. I thought who is this brash young upstart in the draft thread. It was impressive how quickly they picked up the nuances of AFL trading and drafting coming from an American sports background. Since then they have been one of the go to posters for drafts and trading and i read all their posts with great interest.

I remember when Briztoon came on to the scene in 2016. I thought who is this brash young upstart in the draft thread. It was impressive how quickly they picked up the nuances of AFL trading and drafting coming from an American sports background. Since then they have been one of the go to posters for drafts and trading and i read all their posts with great interest.
Do you think that briztoon is non binary?

My take.

I don't understand this post

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Richmond will tear anyone apart! :grimacing:
fucZJiYl.jpg

That would be huge is somehow North get up over the Swans, I dont think they'll maintain this pressure though.

That would be huge is somehow North get up over the Swans, I dont think they'll maintain this pressure though.

And it’s gone.

Josh Walker looks really sad :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back