Non-Lions discussion 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion_LegacyXL

Club Legend
Aug 22, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The stakes are even bigger for next weeks game, both us and Melbourne will be going into the final game of the season tied on 60 points.

McIvor

Club Legend
May 21, 2020
Sunshine Beach
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Funnily enough - more I think of it, if Carlton won, I dont think they'd have the same intensity next week when we may need them to beat Collingwood. The fact they lost tonite means theyl be going all out against Pies, which if we beat Melbourne, may serve us better, particulalry if Pies can upset Swans tomorrow.

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Three Carlton players go up for the same ball they all miss it hits one of their heads bounces straight to the Melbourne player and the rest is history… laughable scenes.

Docherty playing in the middle was a great move. Almost felt like we got to see what a Starce move to the middle would look like. He tackled anyone carrying the ball past him, stopped Oliver as well and caused repeat stoppages. Good coaching move, gave them lot of protection.

Feb 17, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I know a Carlton win benefits us but that whole Cripps debacle is karma.

Suck it Carlton.
It actually didn’t.

We’d have to beat Melbourne regardless if we want to overtake them.

If Carlton miss finals from where they were, beautiful.

Losing a game to Jake Melksham is a bitter pill to swallow.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Funnily enough - more I think of it, if Carlton won, I dont think they'd have the same intensity next week when we may need them to beat Collingwood. The fact they lost tonite means theyl be going all out against Pies, which if we beat Melbourne, may serve us better, particulalry if Pies can upset Swans tomorrow.

Yep, this is the best scenario for us IMO. From here if we are to finish second we have to win next week, Collingwood beat Sydney, and next week Carlton beats Collingwood.

BerryGood13

Debutant
Jun 27, 2017
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Was at the game tonight. Carlton’s skills are horrible. Melbourne’s delivery going forward leaves a lot to be desired as well. They are gettable at The Gabba. Just have to actually apply some pressure this time.

Melbourne players were so excited after the win they spoke a lot about inner workings yesterday.

Looks like they're taken a leaf out of Pies book and started practicing the last few minutes scenarios. Kozzy talked about it and how they reviewed Pies loss, last few minutes and kept practicing players mindset during that time again n again. Seems to have helped them yesterday.

Similarly Melksham spoke about positive reinforcement session that choco williams runs every monday, tackle n tough or something. He plays all the one percent clips to the team and commend players on their great work. Sounded very similar to Fagan's method of always reinforcing positive vibes to our players.

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Melbourne players were so excited after the win they spoke a lot about inner workings yesterday.

Looks like they're taken a leaf out of Pies book and started practicing the last few minutes scenarios. Kozzy talked about it and how they reviewed Pies loss, last few minutes and kept practicing players mindset during that time again n again. Seems to have helped them yesterday.

Similarly Melksham spoke about positive reinforcement session that choco williams runs every monday, tackle n tough or something. He plays all the one percent clips to the team and commend players on their great work. Sounded very similar to Fagan's method of always reinforcing positive vibes to our players.
The Dees post match song was sung with such gusto I was jealous that our team rarely gets so excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back