Non-Lions discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Knee jerk rubbish to put their hat in the ring for Clarkson..rounds 16-20 they beat Sydney,Lions,Suns and North and lost to Collingwood by a couple of points.They are hardly struggling.One blowout towards the end of a season and all this ridiculous hoo ha
from an outside pov essendon feels like a club that believes its entitled to finals and flags. this isnt helped by people from the last era of success maintaining positions of power and influence both inside and outside the club (sheedy, lloyd....). i dont think anyone is willing to take the high road and build properly for success, rather its been 2 decades of chasing shortcuts back to the top which doesnt work. thats why we see constant board machinations and figures like dodoro getting long runs whilst coaches and players go through rotating door scenarios

i think this all culiminated for me this year in the absurd 150th celebrations where the main focal point was on james hird, a figure who had brought the club to the lowest point any afl club has ever faced that doesnt include being forced to move / merge. its ridiculous to me how hard the club tries to sanitise hird and what happened there. if somebody at brisbane did that, even if they were a premiership hero and / or captain i would want the club to rightfully consider them as exiled. essendon instead shake their head and pretend it was a nothing scenario.

A secretly as their CEO, president and assistant coach. What could go wrong.

If the hanger is in a marginal seat he will turn their training ground into a multi story car park

from an outside pov essendon feels like a club that believes its entitled to finals and flags. this isnt helped by people from the last era of success maintaining positions of power and influence both inside and outside the club (sheedy, lloyd....). i dont think anyone is willing to take the high road and build properly for success, rather its been 2 decades of chasing shortcuts back to the top which doesnt work. thats why we see constant board machinations and figures like dodoro getting long runs whilst coaches and players go through rotating door scenarios

i think this all culiminated for me this year in the absurd 150th celebrations where the main focal point was on james hird, a figure who had brought the club to the lowest point any afl club has ever faced that doesnt include being forced to move / merge. its ridiculous to me how hard the club tries to sanitise hird and what happened there. if somebody at brisbane did that, even if they were a premiership hero and / or captain i would want the club to rightfully consider them as exiled. essendon instead shake their head and pretend it was a nothing scenario.

Dodoro should have been sacked after picking McGrath instead of McCluggage at #1.

If they continue to self implode we may be able to pry Matho's best mate out of there

Dodoro should have been sacked after picking McGrath instead of McCluggage at #1.

If they continue to self implode we may be able to pry Matho's best mate out of there

I've watched a fair bit of Essendon this year, and don't think we'd want Parish. Likes racking up numbers but doesn't do a lot with it, while also being poor at defensive running.

I've watched a fair bit of Essendon this year, and don't think we'd want Parish. Likes racking up numbers but doesn't do a lot with it, while also being poor at defensive running.
we can fix him but dodo will want 2x first round picks and daniher back so no point

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rebuilds can be done reasonably quickly, look at us as an example example, 2017-18, 5 wins each season finishing 18th and 15th then 2019 2nd on the H&A ladder, been up there and abouts ever since.

That is a bloody quick rebuild considering the mess we were in during the Leppa years.

Collingwood this year from 17th last season, could be an anomaly though, a lot of close wins that could have gone either way, hopefully they revert to the norm next season.

Rebuilds can be done reasonably quickly, look at us as an example example, 2017-18, 5 wins each season finishing 18th and 15th then 2019 2nd on the H&A ladder, been up there and abouts ever since.

That is a bloody quick rebuild considering the mess we were in during the Leppa years.
If I look at us, we were effectively rebuilding from '06 to '18 - maybe we can consider '09 a break, but that's still nearly a decade. IMO if a rebuild fails and you start again again, you don't get to just reset the counter. :)

I must admit it's moments like these you miss Snake Baker.
Has he completely disappeared off Big Footy? I used to interact with him on the non footy boards quite regularly, while we had some disagreements it was quite cordial.

He did lose it completely when it came to one particular Lions/Big O v Kangaroos game though, talk about an atomic meltdown.

If I look at us, we were effectively rebuilding from '06 to '18 - maybe we can consider '09 a break, but that's still nearly a decade. IMO if a rebuild fails and you start again again, you don't get to just reset the counter. :)
I would probably consider it more of a full rebuild after the Fevola disaster.
So from 2012 through 2019 to even make finals.

So we should be thanking Vossy and Leppa for our current situation or at least giving them some credit?;)

Probably Swann(2014), + Noble and Fagan in 2017 coming in was the major turnaround... we finally got the front office in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back