Non-Lions discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Warwick

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I actually don’t think it’s the worst thing in the world for North.

JHF will cost a decent package and they need quality all over the field. They move on a player who clearly doesn’t want to be there.

KissKiss

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 26, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Still pretty shocking for a number 1 pick to want to leave after one year. Couldnt even see out his rookie contract (although it maybe helps North get a better deal) and had shocking attitude issues all year. Just glad its not us this time

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
The Phon
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
Whenever I think about the problems facing North, I reflect on our experience......

At least we could recall glory days of premierships....

For North, doing that leads directly to Carey v Stevens, Round 6 2003 :D

AFLQLD

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
There are other teams?
Now whispers around Taryn Thomas maybe asking for a trade. Might not happen but confirms that North can’t take a trick. Cursed or something.

Warwick

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
What are St Kilda doing this trade period? Most other clubs seem to be wheeling and dealing behind the scenes, whereas there doesn’t seem to be anything (other than a failed attempt at De Goey) coming from the Saints.

Such an uninspiring, vanilla list.

I’ve probably jinxed it now and they’ve been plotting to get Hugh or something..

Last edited:

Hollow Knight

Imperfect vessel
May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
What are St Kilda doing this trade period? Most other clubs seem to be wheeling and dealing behind the scenes, whereas there doesn’t seem to be anything (other than a failed attempt at De Goey) coming from the Saints.

I’ve probably jinxed it now and they’ve been plotting to get Hugh or something..

Cap trouble I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JasRulz63

Brownlow Medallist
May 26, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Melbourne looking at Lachie Hunter. It feels like they're doing everything except improving their biggest weakness: their forwards. Long may it continue.

rye

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2022
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
darcy parish is about to finish outside the top 20 of essendon's bnf

he must be gettable as a fa next year for the right team

trikster

Club Legend
Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
Also the guy who resigned as NAB CEO following the banking royal commission
"Andrew Thorburn is chairman of the City on a Hill church that preaches against gay sex and abortion." Essendon ...... seriously ..... I wonder in particular what their AFLW team are thinking about him

Mr Ripper

Pink-cheeked and robust
Dec 21, 1999
Far North Fitzroy
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy FC
"Andrew Thorburn is chairman of the City on a Hill church that preaches against gay sex and abortion." Essendon ...... seriously ..... I wonder in particular what their AFLW team are thinking about him

Bloke seems to have an affinity for dodgy operations. Should fit right in at Essington.

Warwick

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
darcy parish is about to finish outside the top 20 of essendon's bnf

he must be gettable as a fa next year for the right team
There must be an error on their leaderboard. There’s no way he is outside the top 21 vote getters in that team.

rye

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2022
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
There must be an error on their leaderboard. There’s no way he is outside the top 21 vote getters in that team.
thought that but they posted 2 leaderboards where he wasnt on it so assumed it was correct

ended up equal 10th with 2 other players if the final count they posted is accurate

mpal6

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 13, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

They appeared excited about offloading Hill's salary to Clarko until the report nuked it.

Saucery

Club Legend
Mar 20, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
If like a good laugh at Essendon's expense listen to this, at least the last 5 mins. It's a total train wreck.

AFLQLD

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
There are other teams?
hahaha omg. Essendon….

Quintessential Essendon summed up with that appointment and fallout. The place is littered with “powerbrokers” who all seem to be the worst people in the world yet they just keep diving back into that pool again and again!

Remove this Banner Ad